Farewell 50 Pounds... (Read 1153 times)

My "weight loss journey" started in January.  I was 227 pounds at the time, and I had been that way for over a year.

I decided that I was going to lose weight, get in shape, and hike more.  I also started rock climbing more!

By May, I was down to about 205 pounds, and I felt like I was in good enough shape to start running again.  That was (counting today) now 665.2 miles ago.  I feel better than I have in years.  This morning, before my weekly long run, I stepped on the scale:

176 pounds!  I've now lost over fifty pounds and wanted to announce it to the world! 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Congrats on quite an accomplishment - that's awesome! 

"I can do 440 in 220"    Half Fanatic #846    "90% of running is half mental"    If I collapse, please pause my Garmin

wow that is truly something to be proud of!

Good for you! Smile

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."

325th place or bust!

Nice going!  Is that where you want to be, weight wise?

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

old woman w/hobby

awesome!  

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

Holy cow.  Congratulations.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Nice! Congrats!

What Nader said, only with more enthusiasm.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Wow, that's amazing!!!    Congrats!

Excellent !

Feeling the growl again

Wow, that's a lot to take off so quickly!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I love your ability to set goals and achieve them.  Good luck on you coming marathon!

Queen of 3rd Place

That's amazing, I commend your hard work! Makes all this BQing stuff look like child's play.

Ex runner

Consistently Slow

That's amazing, I commend your hard work! Makes all this BQing stuff look like child's play.

+ 1

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/