Found a new gear today (Read 583 times)

I have been working on increasing my distance, and my pace has been staying the same. (SLOW!) 15-17 mpm To the point that I was getting frustrated that I was running for 2 hours on the weekend and only getting 7 miles. How the heck could I keep that up? Last week I took a break and this week came back at a scaled back effort. I ran a 5 miler today at what felt like an easy pace, even ran the last half chatting with my brother, and found that my pace was WAY faster (13:50 min/mi) than it has been when I was attempting my more recent long runs. I knew if I was patient and kept at it my pace would drop eventually, but this was pretty drastic and I hope it sticks. I will be leveling out at around 6 or 7 for my long run for a while. Hopefully my pace will hold steady and then keep dropping some more! Smile MTA: OOPS wrong forum, although quite a humorous slip given the subject title! Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sometimes that happens...I'll be plodding along at a pace for months, then out of nowhere an increase/improvement happens. Time + miles = speed. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay