Sports Watches (Read 124 times)

khackney

With so much new gear coming out I am getting overloaded with the best fitness smart watch on the market.  I know gear like the Fitbit and IWatch will not be out until 2015, and Basis just came out with a new watch, and there are a few others- Pebble, etc.  Do people have any recommendations? I currently have a fitbit flex which I like, and I run with a garmin, so ideally I would like to find something with all in one.

an amazing likeness

Your topic title is watches, but your message reads like you mean fitness bands such as the Fitbit, Jawbone Up, Garmin Vivofit?

Nothing I've read / seen hints that the Android-wear watches, or the Pebble, Apple's or others are lined up to compare to the Forerunner style running data logger.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Depends on what you seek.

Are you looking for heart rate monitoring?  If yes, on the wrist or is a chest strap okay?  Fitbit Surge looks pretty good if you are a Fitbit fan, but battery life with GPS on is reported to last only 5 hours or so.  If you want to run longer than that, the Garmin 920xt is probably the way to go as you get step data and regular garmin goods, but no wrist heart rate monitoring.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!