Madison, WI, Filling Up Quickly (North Face Endurance Challenge) (Read 372 times)

Hi. I just got word that The North Face Endurance Challenge in Madison, WI, is filling up at a very quick rate. So, if you're thinking of running any of the distances, now would be the time to secure your spot. All info can be found here: www.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge The North Face Endurance Challenge, Madison -- October 25 10K Half Marathon 50K 50 Miles An ideal course layout for elite speedsters and those taking their first strides in the world of trail ultrarunning, the Endurance Challenge Madison course is run-able from start to finish, provided that you’ve trained hard enough. Located 60 miles east/southeast of Madison, in the southern reaches of picturesque Kettle Moraine State Park, a large portion of the course takes place on the renowned Ice Age Trail. The forested area, massaged by monstrous glaciers many millennia ago, contains wake-up-call hill climbs of 200-300 feet and enough undulating terrain to challenge even those granite-legged mountain runners. Overall, the soft, forgiving course is 80% singletrack, with slightly wider, equestrian sections sprinkled in between. This is the least technical of all the Endurance Challenge courses.
    xor

...ideal....for those taking their first strides in the world of trail running...
      Yeah, they told us this in Seattle last year. And then came out with an incredibly challenging course that was poorly marked. That race turned off trail running for several of my newbie friends. For the second year, they had a completely different course at "Seattle". I put it in quotes because although it was still labeled as a Seattle venue, they hosted the race two hours away. I heard the course was more appropriate and well-marked, so hopefully they learned some valuable lessons. I hope they do a much better job for you in Madison.