What's the craziest time of day you've run? (Read 904 times)

higa

I was talking to friends yesterday and mentioned that my earliest training run had been 4.30am ( you know the story - 2 hour run on your programme and have to be at work by 8am). They all thought I was crazy and kept looking at me sideways all day as if i was some wierdo! I told them I was not unusual by any means and now need you guys to prove the case!! Who else has run at crazy hours and why?
      I believe I've run at all hours of the day. At 3am... I saw 2 runners out on the track and then another time a couple (think they were arguing) went around one time then noticed me. Craziest stuff I've been stopped for after midnight.... -Where is my dog? -Where is my child? -I'm looking for my wallet... someone had thrown it out the window

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For me it was 1pm in the middle of Summer when it was hot, humid, and no shade to be found. I was miserable and pretty sick feeling on that run. Of course it was an out-and-back run, so I was overheated over 5 miles from home. D'oh! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

When I did a Relay for Life event, I did a few miles at 2:30 AM.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4:30 AM is nothing. Do it all the time. We ran a 23 mile Winter Solstice run in December. We started at 10PM and finished after 2AM, run under the full moon in a big park surrounded by leafless trees, without any lights. Cool stuff!
            finney

Resident pinniped

About 2 AM. I used to work a 4PM - 12AM shift. We had a hot snap where no runner in their right mind who actually wanted to get a quality run in would go while the sun was still up, so I'd go after work. I actually got stopped and questioned by an a$$hole cop once for running at that hour. He thought I was drunk or had committed a crime. Yeah buddy, I'm going to be dressed in full running gear, stopwatch going, after just downing a 6 pack and committing a robbery. Last I checked there were no hours during which it was illegal to run.
                Actually... El Scorcho was a little crazy.

Vim

You'll ruin your knees!

I've run all the hours of the day and have yet to find a crazy one. Confused

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What does that say about you, man? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, I agree. If I had to pick a time, I'd say it was the 2 or 3 a.m. long runs in college. When we'd go to Ohio or to Notre Dame for a meet, we'd get back to Rochester in the middle of the night. Rather than get up for a morning run, we'd just do our run then and there. It was one of the few days during the season where we were able to sleep in. Our route took us around a curving road that you would swear was 720° - you went around an airport and just seemed to be turning constantly for miles on end. Towards the end of the run, you'd go by the dance clubs as they were shutting down, so the drunks got to yell and carry on at the pack of runners going by. We would lose them when we crossed the trestle bridge if they gave us too much trouble, though, since we could get back to the school before they could find a way around w/their cars.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm with jlynbob, if it's what you need to get your run in, it's all good. Most days I'm out the door by 4:45. The only time I would think that's odd was about two months ago. Was under a lot of stress and went to sleep at 2:30 then woke up at 4:15 to run.
                          Does it count if you are running from the polic..er someone?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Go Pre!

I'm planning to run a marathon in the Yukon that starts at Midnight...in the summer, it will be bright for the whole race Smile

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I've done the 2 or 3am runs... my husband goes on his bike and I run... he'll circle me a few times to keep checking on me. We've got stopped and ask for directions and by cops. When I was younger I would go out at all times with my dog. Now I won't go out alone too late (I live in a city and well I'm a girl and I am black belt trained I don't want to give anyone a chance to find out if I really can defend myself!)
                              -Jen
                              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                                For me? 6pm in the evening. I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to run after working all day. I'm a morning person. Running at 4 or 5 am is nothing to me. But, I envy those who run afterwork. They are hardcore!

- Anya