Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

Good luck Tchuck!!

DLJ

Tchuck, Good luck mate, hope you have a great run. Dwane

MoBramExam

Race well this weekend, Tchuck.

4 years older does not help either.

Best of luck young man.    : )

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

SMART Approach

Ran solid race ok race and felt good and strong. Well, now I don't feel so good!

Fox Cities Half Marathon
            Official Time 1:32:41 Official Pace 7:05
            Garmin Pace distance 13.21 Garmin Pace 7:01

Mile 1 7:02 156
            Mile 2 7:05 163
            Mile 3 6:54 166
            Mile 4 7:01 167
            Mile 5 7:06 167
            Mile 6 7:01 165
            Mile 7 6:59 165
            Mile 8 7:08 166
            Mile 9 7:06 167
            Mile 10 7:03 169
            Mile 11 7:00 173
            Mile 12 6:57 175
            Mile 13 6:57 175
            .21 1:19 6:21 pace 181 avg  for last .21

Max HR in race was 183  (which is about my max so I hit it at finish)

Ran race I wanted, but wind off lake made it impossible to make up time the last few miles to get to under 1:32. I increased effort to get to 6:45 pace to get me under 1:32 but wind was killer. You can see my HR increased the last 3 miles but pace not so much. Ran the race as planned. Of course there is extra distance which is expected.

I just can't expect to get a whole lot faster by running same miles and getting older! Sad  I still did better than what my recent 5K time  (20:25) predicted which is a positive. I am amazed I can easily carry over my 5K time over to a half marathon distance on my low miles. I think a lot of it has to do with smart pacing and smart race strategy!  Next up - break 20 min in a 5K again!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Nice run Tchuck.  Wind makes it so much harder.  The 1.30 is there for a better day.

Rest up well. 

Nice run, Tchuck.  Solid, indeed. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Tchuck, that's about as evenly paced a run as one can do. Good work. Hard luck on the wind.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

BCR - State to State Half Marathon, Oxford, Ohio, 9/25

jerbreck - Blakes Half Marathon, Montreal, Quebec, 9/25

NaderAlfie - Newport Liberty Half Marathon, Jersey City, New Jersey, 9/25

Guys, good luck this weekend.

Nader, you can take me off for the Oct 2 attempt. As David St. Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel say, there's a fine line between stupid and clever - and I'm not gonna cross it this soon. I'll be back though for sure, if not in 2011, definitely spring next year.

Run tall, dude, and go get em.

Thank you. You got it.  What's the latest with your foot? 

Getting there, slowly. All traces back to PF issue, which caused overcompensate and a neuroma behind 3-4 toes, then overcompensate back causing another pinched nerve on other side, so...trying some orthotics, see if we can get this sorted. Bottom line is, I tried to run through PF pain one too many times, when it was way more painful than previously, and I paid for it. Sucks as I felt like I was on a good running path. But I'll get back there. No doubt.

You've been an athlete all your life. Your body is well-trained to fix itself. You'll be back. 

xhristopher

Guys, good luck this weekend.

Run tall, dude, and go get em.

OK, BCR. It's expected. Like I said elsewhere... If you want to show your stuff you better run at least 1:28. Nader, you've had so many breakthrough runs lately. Why not another? Jerbreck, Don't be a Jerbreck and go out to fast.

MoBramExam

Will be looking to read about several success stories tomorrow.  Go get it, guys!

1:35:02