Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I see I was on the list and now I'm off.  You can put me back on, Nads.  If I can't run 1:30 I can't run 3:09.  Plus it will be awesome to crash and burn in public.

I can't run a 3:09, but if I run a local half this spring, my goal will indeed be to break 1:30, so you can put me on there. Last year I tried to run 1:30, and thought that running straight 7 pace would get me there, but it turns out my maths are flawed.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Edster

Missed it at Disney half.  hit 1:33:55 after having a PR at the 15k I lost my legs.  was ok because my real goal is #:30 Marathon inFeb at Fort Lauderdale A1A.  on track for that i hope did 21 @ 8.:05 pace this weekend.  hope to peek on Feb 20th!

On your left.

Nice, Ed. I hope you nail it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Its hot and humid, I'm tired and I'm hungry.  

I need all those excuses because based on today's tempo run I'd be lucky to break 1.40 never mind 1.30!

Go have some pizza and get back after it in two days.

L Train

I think it's funny that Mandy has already run on Tuesday. 

Its hot and humid, I'm tired and I'm hungry.  

I need all those excuses because based on today's tempo run I'd be lucky to break 1.40 never mind 1.30!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh, my shot will be April 17.

Minutemen.

And Minutewomen.

Minuteers?

xor

I guess.  "Minuteman" is a real historical term (though nothing to do with running).  Minuteer sounds like mouseketeer.  It also sounds like Rocketeer, and he was pretty cool.

count me in I guess:

Will be attempting for my first HM @ National marathon (3/26) Smile 

Count me in for the 5,400-second half. The fastest I've raced the distance so far is around 5,550 seconds.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm out -- they shifted the date of my target half mara, and then made it a ten-miler instead. I'm sure I could still do 90 minutes on it, but it wouldn't be the same.

I'll go for another 1:30 half. I've run under 1:30 a few times, and will give it a shot again on February 12 in Lebanon, TN.

I think I'll put myself in the semi-in group...not quite ready yet as I'm just coming off an injury laden year.  However, I am running the Ocala Half Marathon on Sunday the 23rd hping at least to be around 1:35Tight lippedx and then if I can stay healthy and get some quality training in this year maybe just maybe I can ready for the Maine Half in October.