Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

L Train

Prince of Fatness

You did it, Nads ..... nice race.  Congrats!

Not at it at all. 

The King of Beasts

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Thank you very, very much, guys.  You people. Ha.

Heh - great run. Where you confident with half a mile to go or did it look a bit touch and go during the last few minutes?

I was confident through mile 7-8ish.  At that stage I was thinking, hey, maybe a sub-1:29.  Then, I hit the hills.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Of course not.  You think I'm stupid like YOUR FACE on class picture day? No.

No you're not!  You are awesome!  

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

an amazing likeness

Nice achievement, Nader....impressive focus and dedication to getting to the goal.

(...and you're looking swell in that photo on Jeff's blog)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Great read! This part really sticks out for me since I'm torn on racing a marathon or getting faster at shorter. Thanks again Nader and Jeff!

Nowadays, people ask me “When’s your next marathon?” I never get past “I’m actually trying to get faster at shorter-” before the person, visibly embarrassed for me, looks down and changes the subject. My need for approval (which sometimes feels pathological) notwithstanding, I won’t run a marathon any time soon. I may never run another marathon

Well said, Nader.

Thanks for reading it, Kevin. 

I would encourage you to experiment.  We can sit around all day and ponder about the distances to which we are most "suited." But there is nothing like discovering it in the experience of workouts and racing. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

I would encourage you to experiment.  We can sit around all day and ponder about the distances to which we are most "suited." But there is nothing like discovering it in the experience of workouts and racing. 

Word. Cool post. I fully intend to live that in 2012 (including a marathon) and figure it all out on the road.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                        L Train

Nader, that was a nice read.  Kidding, poking and otherwise aside, what you've accomplished has been fantastic.  It's been great to see. 

That is all.

Prince of Fatness

Nads, if you don't run the marathon you aren't a real runner.  Everyone knows that.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

I thought he was running Monkey 2012, though maybe that's not really a marathon. 

Runners from NJ always end up fat, slow and nothing left to post about except beer so you had better make hay while you can, Nads.

There is so much finality in your tone, Mr. Train.  I would not poke him too hard. I would love to see another rumble in The Valley.