Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

Chris UK

Whilst I'm currently basking in a warm post-run afterglow I would like to second the comments Nader made in the link re Jeff and Mikeymike and for that matter all the other helpful posters on RA.

Tomorrow - 1.7 miles into my run - I will hit 10,000 miles in my new belated running careeer. It is largely thanks to the motivation of RA that I have once again discovered the joy of running. If only someone had been around to tell me in my younger days that you don't have to blast out every run and might actually get better by doing more, slower, then I might have been a better runner and stuck at it. Alas no trenternet in those days.

Not forgeting Eric for setting it all up too. Keep it coming guys!

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Prince of Fatness

There is so much finality in your tone, Mr. Train.  I would not poke him too hard. I would love to see another rumble in The Valley.

You're crazy.  He claims to be sitting on his ass eating chips but in reality he's logged probably 2000 miles more than me since I got hurt.  That was a blast but it ran it's course.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

That was a blast but it ran it's course.

Boo.  Can't blame a guy for trying to light a match. 

Dumas is the last one in the lineup.  We haven't heard much about your training. Good luck! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

longtimesun

I'll be attempting to break 90 minutes on Dec 11th at the Holiday Half in Portland OR. The Holiday Half will be my first go at racing the 13.1 distance.

Add me to the list =) I'll post my results in the forum asap after the race.

http://athlinks.com/racer/101852266

Best of luck to Dumas and longtimesun, the final 2 for 2011!

We starting a 2012 thread?

Nader, if you want I can take next year (and hopefully I'll stay healthy and actually race the half). You did a yeoman's job on this thread, so understand if you want a break. If the crowd wants more Nader though, I can't blame em...Lemme know.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

All yours,  baby! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus