Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

Wow - thats a photo from a while ago!  Thanks Nader Smile Pizza was probably the answer.  Instead I made my wednesday run very easy and yesterdays hills a bit shorter than last week.  Feeling a lot better now.  The fact the temperature has dropped enough to get some sleep occasionally might be helping too.

Chris UK

Friskney Half for me - April 3.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Wow - thats a photo from a while ago!  Thanks Nader Smile Pizza was probably the answer.  Instead I made my wednesday run very easy and yesterdays hills a bit shorter than last week.  Feeling a lot better now.  The fact the temperature has dropped enough to get some sleep occasionally might be helping too.

Eating, sleeping, and easy running. It's like a recovery cocktail. 

Good to know, Mandy.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Friskney Half for me - April 3.

I ran that in 2005.  2hr03 (which was pretty good for me back then).  I remember it being fast and flat but very exposed to the wind.

L Train

Alcohol  1km. 

Alcohol  1km. 

Ah yes.  My glass of wine.  Sigh.

I keep meaning to stop drinking but I'm just not very good at it (stopping that is - I'm very good at the drinking bit)

Counting drinks in my training log is step 1.

I look my best blurry!

Oh now he's got "people." 

I second that!  I'm one of those people!  Go LTrain!

Dreamless- please don't crash and burn.  I need you to keep breaking my PRs!  I need you to give me goals!  Go Dreamless!

I am going to give this a shot but I don't know when.  I am running the half in Pittsburgh on May 14th but it is just a month after Boston, so, I dunno.  Maybe then, maybe later. I think I can, I think I can.

Chris UK

I ran that in 2005.  2hr03 (which was pretty good for me back then).  I remember it being fast and flat but very exposed to the wind.

Ha - nothing much changes there then. This is my log comment from last year's race - 

"I think I would have broken 90 minutes without the head wind in places"

I guess it's no longer a local run for you anymore?!

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Ha - nothing much changes there then. This is my log comment from last year's race - 

"I think I would have broken 90 minutes without the head wind in places"

I guess it's no longer a local run for you anymore?!

You got so close last year!!

It was about 100 miles from where I lived at the time - these days it would be roughly 12,000 miles!

jules2

I suppose you better count me in, at the moment it will be the Belvoir Half 3 April 2011.

So that sets us up for a virtual race Chris as last year you got 1:30:36 and I got 1:30:47 at different events.  But I think my course was a bit more hilly and it had a few twists and turns at the end plus I had a bad knee.  This year if I can get my form for Belvoir its a quick course but I'm always crap early season.

Chris if you fancy another event the Hinckley Half is a nice course and its on 8 May 2011.

The only fly in the ointment is the arrival of my first grandchild on 28th March

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jtv

It's a looonnggg stretch, but why not, count me (semi) in.  The last time I did a serious 1/2, I met this goal....too bad that was almost 4 injury plagued years ago.  Since I see a few friends from the Boomer/Masters forum here, I thought I would crash the party.  If my legs hold out, I'll give it an attempt- probably not until fall.  Got a long way to go until then.  Sometimes it feels like my legs are held together by Band-aids and Super Glue!  Good luck to everyone.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I just reread an article in Running times by Greg McMillan Your Better Half.  I am stuck having to read about running instead of running. Well just laying down a base. So I'm left with dreaming about fine tuning. An interesting read.

It comes from the issue in Sept with Shalane on the cover.

P.S. Don't discuss the fiber recruitment article by Magill from that issue. That didn't go well here.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Count me in... Colchester Half Marathon, Feb 26th.  Only need to break 1:40 to qualify for the real goal, but it doesn't hurt to set the sights a little higher. Smile

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Nice. Thanks for the link, dreamless.