new distance PR!!!!! (Read 592 times)

Maggie & Molly

I just have to tell anyone that will listen that I ran 8.3 miles today. I have never, ever ran that far and truth be told never thougt that I could. I feel good, danananana I knew that I would......

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Gotta TRI

That's great Cherrie!!! I just hit that marker recently myself. It feels great does'nt it? I can't wait to hit the next one. Keep it up! Big grin Andy
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
        Woot! That's awesome!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go, Cherrie!! I'm hoping to be at that point by the end of March. It's a long ways!! Teresa
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just you wait...keep going and you will double it! Then you'll look back and think, "wow, 8.3...that wasn't so hard!" I love how relative the milestones keep getting. Big grin How are you feeling tonite?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

nice. Pretty soon you'll feel guilty running < 5 miles. 5=""></ 5 miles.>

Another Passion

WTG, Cherrie! Funny, I was just reflecting today on how I ran 3.5 miles with my DW today and thought it was a short run and... just about a year or so ago I couldn't fathom how someone could go out and consistently run 3 - 4 miles a day. Keep up the awesome work! Wink

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Running safely

Though it has been almost 2 years ago when I ran my first 8+ mile run, I remember it well. It just seems to me that 8 miles was a special number. Congrats on hitting that distance. For me it was magical.
                    great job! soon you'll be doing double digit long runs!
                    keep running!
                      Sweeeeeeeeettttt...... Big grin
                      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Maggie & Molly

thanks for the support!!! Kristen, my legs were pretty tired last night and I expected to be pretty sore today but so far so good. Got up without any moaning (which is always a good sign). Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I do my 'reg' loop of 3.5. This running thing really is addictive though - it is nice out today (will be almost 50) and I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I can get a run in Big grin

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

12 Squared

Hey, way to go! You're probably gunning for ten now, aren't you? Like dpeach said, 8 is a special number. It's farther than a 10K which was my goal for a year or so. Keep up the good work!
                          If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
                            My memory's not all that sharp these days, I don't remember 8 miles. But I think I will always remember 10, it was hot as hell and I was dragging a HUGE plow behind me. I got to the front of the house, looked up at the three flights of stairs up to the back door and sat on the bumper of my Jeep. I was a big sweaty mess sitting on the bumper for quite a while, there was no way I was making that climb without resting. It stills brings a smile when I think about it, because I was completely spent and incredibly happy. It's the best kind of exhaustion, isn't it? Congrats, keep up the good work! P.S. I didn't know it at the time, but I was making it more difficult to add miles than it had to be. I didn't pay enough attention to my pace, I was doing my long runs too fast. When I slowed my long-run pace by about 2 minutes per mile (or more if very hot/humid) it was MUCH easier to finish up a PR distance run (and climb those damned stairs without waiting).

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Go Cherrie!! Last Saturday, I ran w/ a gal who is running the Disney marathon this weekend, so she is tapering. When I asked her how far she was going, she said "only 8" then laughed when she realized that a year ago she had never run that far!

Jeanne

I just have to tell anyone that will listen that I ran 8.3 miles today. I have never, ever ran that far and truth be told never thougt that I could. I feel good, danananana I knew that I would......
                                Congratulations are certainly in order. Can double digits be far away??

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.