First 5 mile run!!! (Read 855 times)

Insert witty title here

I FINALLY got my first 5 mile run without stopping.. actually 5.5 miles!! I had tried it twice before and hit a wall around 3.5 that I couldn't get past. The funny thing is I wasn't even trying this time. I was actually going out for an easy run after taking 3 days off to let me knee heal (and I will catch hell from Zoomy about this I'm sure) and after 3 miles I felt so good I didn't want to stop so I ran another 2.5 miles. I finally made myself stop after 5.5, but I felt like I could have kept running for several more. At least I did keep it sorta slow for me. I told myself to keep it around 10:00 mpm and I hit the 5 mile mark at 50:09.

ThomasRuns Blog
    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

swbgal

Big grinGood Job...those are the best runs....the runs that just feel good!
        Way to rock it, Thomas!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Congratulations!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congratulations!
            Dude! Good to see you round these parts again. Looks like you are back to running again - awesome!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Congratulations on the distance and the time! I love it when I feel like I could keep running. It hasn't happened in awhile Sad I hope your knee continues to heal. Happy Running!

Insert witty title here

Big grinGood Job...those are the best runs....the runs that just feel good!
                Absolutely! It's amazing how far I can go when I actually slow my butt down and quit trying to set some new personal best time. Thanks for the compliments. Don't worry soonergal, I'm sure it'll happen for you real soon! Apparently you just have to go out planning for a short run, scared that you're going to hurt your knee and the rest will fall into place Smile

ThomasRuns Blog
                Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Great run and even better news that your knee is good!
                  Dude! Good to see you round these parts again. Looks like you are back to running again - awesome!
                  ditto this! Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

redleaf

Nice! Glad you had such a great run!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

beep beep!

Congrats! Just did my second 5 miler today... they sure do feel good! Big grin And love the quote btw Smile
                      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
                      JayMF

Absolutely! It's amazing how far I can go when I actually slow my butt down and quit trying to set some new personal best time.
                        No kidding. I've been amazed at how much farther I can run when I slow down.