BayState reached the cap (Read 491 times)

The BayState Marathon (and the 1/2) has reached capacity. There might be some wiggle room, there is a note that says * Club or USAT&F team members should email baystateglrr@gmail.com * The full is capped at 1500, and the half at 1000. Has the race hit capacity before?

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The BayState Marathon (and the 1/2) has reached capacity. There might be some wiggle room, there is a note that says * Club or USAT&F team members should email baystateglrr@gmail.com * The full is capped at 1500, and the half at 1000. Has the race hit capacity before?
      I dont know, but I do know that in 2009 -- there will be one more cause I'm gonna be there.......will look for you BadDawg in 2009...

Champions are made when no one is watching

mikeymike

I don't think they've ever capped it before. This is the first time it's been the Grand Prix race and there's a lot of pent up demand amongst many of the club runners for a flat, fast grand prix marathon after dealing with the Cape every fall. It should be a shit show. And none of the actual USATF-NE GP points contenders need to worry. They'll all get in.

Runners run

there's a lot of pent up demand amongst many of the club runners for a flat, fast grand prix marathon after dealing with the Cape every fall.
          I like being around great runners (like at this year's Yankee Homecoming) so the Grand Prix aspect is really cool but doesn't really affect me, and I've never run the Cape. After Manchester and Providence, one thing I can definitely say is I'm looking forward to a flat and fast marathon. Two more long runs left, the race will be here in the blink of an eye.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

I like being around great runners (like at this year's Yankee Homecoming) so the Grand Prix aspect is really cool but doesn't really affect me,
            Me too, that's why I'm going. I think the people-like-to-run-races-with-fast-runners effect is as big if not bigger than the actual Grand Prix effect, especially the closer a race is to Boston.

Runners run