"Running Science" book by Owen Anderson (Read 110 times)

SMART Approach

Has anyone read this? Thoughts? I know he is a believer of more intense work outs vs volume. It is not an approach I would recommend but supposedly he backs what he preaches with a lot of research. Reviews are good.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Has anyone read this? Thoughts? I know he is a believer of more intense work outs vs volume. It is not an approach I would recommend but supposedly he backs what he preaches with a lot of research. Reviews are good.

I haven't read it or any excerpts or reviews.

AFAIK, he doesn't do any research himself, but assembles / synthesizes other's research. For several years, I used to subscribe to his Running Research News for a lot of good info with links where I could read the primary literature, something that many books lack. I learned a lot of basics from that.  I don't remember them espousing any particular type of training or it might vary among weeks as to benefits of different things. (It's been a long time since I subscribed since the quality or usefulness of content went down for awhile. He had some personal distractions during that time.)

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog