December 24 and all is -------------- (Read 704 times)

Doug Little

Full moon, crisp temp of 20 , no wind, no traffic. Nothing but me an my thoughts. I marvel that this isn't an ordinary day. Regardless of religions, personal feelings, family ties or 'unties' or just the general state of life today, I couldn't help at marvel at the tranquility of things and how fortuante I am. 34 years ago today I proposed to my wife. Yes, the same wife that I enjoy life with today. As a product of the Boom generation of the 60's, I guess my folks brought me up pretty well. So, have a wonderful day and Holiday. Doug
      Nice thoughts Doug. All the best to everyone over the holidays! Jason
        Good morning Doug, Jason ..... Happy Holidays to all of you!! It's a rest day for me today. We're staying home this year and playing true empty nesters. Have a great day everyone and you runners ..... watch out for that big guy in red. Shocked

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Hill Runner

Good morning, I'm assuming that this is the daily thread... Smile 7.25 miles of hills @ 9:00 pace on a beautiful clear 31F morning. Merry Christmas Eve... Smile

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

btb1490

Awesome, Doug! Here's to everyday being just like your run today!
            TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Doug, Nice start. Driving to the pool this morning I had pleasant thoughts as noticed the huge full moon directly ahead of me. Swimmin today. mc, BTW, I STILL have your gloves and mug. Cold there yet? Econo, You should create a link to that avatar pic. People can't appreciate it at that size. CRAIg

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

VictorN

So, have a wonderful day and Holiday. Doug
                Thanks, Doug. Everybody else have a good holiday too. I'm hoping to get out for a short run today, but the in-laws are on the way and there is still plenty of cleaning and cooking to do. Oh well. Victor
                  peace out everyone! OK, Pro, this one's fer you -- (my hat had fallen down off the back of my head) Edited to add: 50 min bike ride in the rain today Dead

Another Passion

Thanks for the nice post, Doug and congratulations on the proposal anniversary. My parents (mumbling 40 somethingth) anniversary was yesterday. It was a beautiful (but windy here) night last night and morning this morning. Just got back from 7 miles and half way through my run, it started flurrying! Life is good. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Happy Holidays to you all!! Big grin I have to go scrub the kitchen floor now as a love offering for my DW. Blush

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Happy holidays to all. Got in a nice 4 mile run this morning. My daughter is tracking Santa on the Internet. Looks like a good day so far.
                      "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                        peace out everyone! OK, Pro, this one's fer you -- (my hat had fallen down off the back of my head)
                        Great picture Renee!!

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

5 miles, seemed like the wind was in my face regardless of the direction I was running. Time to clean, cook, drink, eat, drink, clean, sleep.
                            5 miles, seemed like the wind was in my face regardless of the direction I was running. Time to clean, cook, drink, eat, drink, clean, sleep.
                            The now defunct Mississippi Marathon that ran out & back on the Natchez Trace near Clinton was notoriois for that. Seemed like we had a headwind no matter which way we were going.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

3.2 miles today. The weather and timing (I live too close to the city to run after 9pm) worked out so I finallly got off the dreadmill and had two personal victories: I didn't measure the course ahead of time, I just ran in a strange neighborhood for the assigned times. Instead of the 16:40 miles I got on the treadmill, I averaged about 14:00 miles and ran/walked a 45 minute 5k. Small victory for most, but huge for me. Also, I successfullly conquered the hill that destroyed my C25K W9D1 run a month ago. By conquer, I mean barely made it up without stopping, but I made it. Happy Holidays everyone!

Chris
                              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Teresadfp

One day at a time

3.2 miles today. The weather and timing (I live too close to the city to run after 9pm) worked out so I finallly got off the dreadmill and had two personal victories: I didn't measure the course ahead of time, I just ran in a strange neighborhood for the assigned times. Instead of the 16:40 miles I got on the treadmill, I averaged about 14:00 miles and ran/walked a 45 minute 5k. Small victory for most, but huge for me. Also, I successfullly conquered the hill that destroyed my C25K W9D1 run a month ago. By conquer, I mean barely made it up without stopping, but I made it. Happy Holidays everyone!
                                Way to go, Chris! Those hills can be killers. I'm finally getting to the point where small ones don't bother me, but big ones are hard. At least in my last 5k I passed a lot of people (high school girls, lol) who were walking up hills!