Finding coolrunning log if no password (Read 891 times)

I would like to move over to runningahead for it's excellent training log! BUT... I don't remember my coolrunning password AND.... I think all of my logs have migrated to active.com (I can see them there). Is there any way to get my logs imported into runningahead? Embarrassed Ruru

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

HappyFeat

I have somewhat the same problem, although I'm pretty sure I am remembering my password correctly. I can't seem to log into my old Cool Running Log. It's already been imported to Active, which I NEVER would have done if I'd known what a worthless site it is and that they don't allow you to export it Angry. I also notice that in the Reports section of Tools, they only go back to 2004 and my log went back a LOT farther than that. I may l have lost years and years worth Surprised, having started when it was Kick! I feel so betrayed. So my question is once the log has been tranferred from Cool Running into Active, is it no longer accessible through the "back door?"

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I have seen this question asked a few times with no answers so I think we're up the creek without a paddle. Well, at least it is year - end and we can start anew elsewhere. Undecided

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Teileen

I was able to download mine on my own, but before I'd done so, I'd emailed the coolrunning folks about getting it to me and I didn't have to provide a password, just my user id. Sean replied back within two days with the cgi file. The email address is coolrun@coolrunning.com. Good luck.

Est. 2006

HappyFeat

Thank you for providing the coolrunning email address. I sent my request and had my log emailed to me within several hours. Now I have to reread how to import it here, but at least I've got it. I couldn't be more relieved! Thanks for the tip.

robroaster

Nerissa, I received my log by e-mail from coolrunning. How do I import to RunningAhead? Rob
                Yeah - I emailed coolrunning with my username and they sent me my log. Uploaded it in seconds! Wow!!!! Shocked Thanks technical gods that run this website! Signed, Forever grateful x-CR now RunningAHEADer

HappyFeat

Nerissa, I received my log by e-mail from coolrunning. How do I import to RunningAhead? Rob
                  Hi Robroaster! I've changed my name to HappyFeat because I'm proud of having run for so many years. I used Nerissa on CoolRunning because I liked to have the reminder of a favorite niece. As far as what to do with your CoolRunning Log: Click on the attachment file and save it to your desktop (without choosing any program). Then log into the RunningAhead website. From there, go to your TRAINING LOG page. On the left is a column of options. Click on TOOLS. You'll get a list of 4 options. You want the last one that says: IMPORT LOG (from a delimited file). I admit I can't exactly recall what happens next, but the import tool directs you from there. I think it came up with the "browse" tool where you select the file from your desktop. After that, it only took a few minutes and it was done. Your CoolRunning Log will still be on your desktop. From what I've read, it can also be opened in Excel and reviewed that way. Smile