Diet Pop impact on weight (Read 1723 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hi R2E!!

"run" "2" "eat"

top o' the page to ya, ternt!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Purdey

Self anointed title

Eat less, run more. Fatty

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, purdey - stop talking to yourself. makes you look crazy.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Purdey

Self anointed title

Who said that?

It goes a ways east .... not sure exactly where though.  It's soda where I live but I went to school in Ohio and it was pop there.  So best I can tell the soda-pop line is somewhere between the Lehigh Valley in PA and central Ohio.  Sorry I can't help you more there, Milktruck.  Hopefully others will chime in.

I went to school in Shippensburg (central PA near the MD border), and they called it soda there.  My friends from the Pittsburgh area called it pop.  My other roomates from around Allentown called it soda.  My other roommate from Juniata County (a little north, but on the WEST side of the Susquehanna called it soda. People I know from the Poconos called it soda.  And, I actually did one year in Mansfield (yet another small state school, in central PA, but this time near the NY border) called it soda.

The Susquehanna is a big border line in PA, but for soda vs. pop, that's not it.

Trent's map is funny.  You can find almost anything on the internet.

Jeff

L Train

You can find almost anything on the internet.

Prince of Fatness

Idiot.

People in the South don't ask for Pepsi.  That's a Yankee drink.

Don't hate on me .... I don't stray from the northeast all that much.  I don't know these things.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Idiot.

They may ask for an RC Cola tho.  Conversation goes like this:

PH:  I'll have a coke with my Moon Pie.

Waiter:  Um, you must not be from around here.

PH:  RC Cola?

Waiter:  OK, coming right out.

This is true. Ordering a drink for me usually goes like this:

Me: I'll have a Coke.

Waiter: Is Pepsi OK?

Me: Yeah, whatever.

Although if I were having a Moon Pie it would be an RC Cola. I used to collect the bottle caps and peel off the liner to win cash.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

This is true. Ordering a drink for me usually goes like this:

Me: I'll have a Coke.

Waiter: Is Pepsi OK?

Me: Yeah, whatever.

Although if I were having a Moon Pie it would be an RC Cola. I used to collect the bottle caps and peel off the liner to win cash.

With my supply of Abita Amber, diet soda is the last of my waistline's worries.

MTA:  Just caught the avatar.  Nice!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Idiot.

And ketchup too.

I used to go skiing in CO and UT with a bunch of guys.  One was from VA.  I asked for some ketchup for my fries, and he said, "Ketchup?  You must be a Yankee."

Jeff

Ewwww.  But wait...is it diet?

Jeff

an amazing likeness

Don't let science get in the way of your speculation, guys.

Wonder how many were in the population sample from that top third of Alaska?

SR Lopez will drive by and he will know precisely.

And...I've heard that order a "coke" thing in Texas, where "coke" means "soda", not Coca-Cola.

Now if y'all could just unravel the mystery of "Sweet Tea" and "Sweet Corn" for me.  How can there be "sweet tea" that is unsweetened?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MrH

I'm not sure what category Irn Bru falls into:

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

Oh yes, growing up in Texas, "I want a coke" was almost always followed by the question "what kind?"  Sprite and Dr Pepper were two not-unreasonable answers.  It isn't quite as prevalent as it used to be, though. I blame people who moved to Texas.  Anyone who orders a 'pop' in Texas gets LOLed. Literally.

I dunno about Alaska.

As for Sweet Tea (which gets pronounced in some places as one word... "Sweetea", though still discernible from "sweetie"), I've not heard that applied to unsweetened versions but that's some funny stuff.  I will say that sweet-as-the-default tea is a whole lot like the Dunkn Donuts "regular coffee". It always trips me up.

As for how you order a pepsi, yeah, pretty much you don't.  If you are in a restaurant that you are sure serves pepsi and you absolutely want a pepsi, you might.  Otherwise, you order a coke.

INCIDENTALLY: That fancy map shows that we use 'pop' here in Seattle.  Except we don't.  'Soda' is way more common, and that's the word that I learned to use.  'Pop' is heard sometimes and doesn't get LOLed, but soda comes up more.