What is your favorite racing distance? (Read 488 times)

xhristopher

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ultra cray-cray.  50 miles is such a fun distance.

Running is dumb.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Love the mile. So much.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

After a marathon, I want to do something short (<= 5K).

After a 5K, I yearn for longer races.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

joescott

Love the mile. So much.

Kindred spirits we are!  I wish I had more opportunities to race it.

Two-mile is not listed as an option, but I am in absolute heaven when I get my to watch my oldest son race 2-miles in the spring high school track season.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Marathon - only reason I started to run. I want to do things like run a 100 or improve at the 5k, but I can't imagine sacrificing that much training time (although I can run both of my marathon training, I prefer specific training).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kcam

I voted for the 10mile but I wish I could have voted for 10K / 10mile / 1/2 marathon because those three are far and away my favorite to race.  Watching the pros race I'd rather watch the 1500 than any other.

Julia1971

I voted for the 10mile but I wish I could have voted for 10K / 10mile / 1/2 marathon because those three are far and away my favorite to race.

+1.  I also voted for 10 mile but I like those two distances just as much.  For me, 10 milers are just the right mixture of speed and endurance.

Feeling the growl again

I voted HM.  My best ever race was a 10K but I LOVE the HM.  It's like the marathon, only you don't jog 16 miles to get to the real racing, the whole thing is an honest effort, and the recovery is a lot easier.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

I like the 5k because you get to run fast.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I can't decide, because every race I've run in the past year, from 5K to marathon, has been successful for me.  Oddly, the most popular one in the poll at this point, the half, is a distance I have the least experience with.  In fact, I've done only one half, in my first year of running.  Just haven't had the opportunity to do other 1/2s.

Dreamn

5 miler, 10k, or 10 miler.

Why is it sideways?

All you people who voted for the 10k are sickos.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hmm, maybe I need to give the half more of a chance.  I've only ever raced one, but have now paced 2 and have 10 more on the calendar to pace through 2014.

I have started to give it some thought as an easier way to qualify for the NY Marathon too (1:19 v. 2:45 full), but I can't decide which I'm more suited for.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

All you people who voted for the 10k are sickos.

Yes. Almost all the suffering of a 5k for twice as long. Bleh.

That said, I voted for 10 mile. Not that I've done particularly well at it. I just like it, and wish it was more common.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.