Shoes hurt when walking?? (Read 620 times)

Yes, I occasionally wear my running shoes as regular sneaks from time to time. Tonight at work, I noticed my heel bothering me (right where the arch ends). A few hours later, same discomfort in my other foot exact same area. They are brand new - I dont even have 20 running miles logged on them yet (i'm benched at the moment too, due to injury) What gives?? Anyone else ever experience this? They are too dirty now to take back, but I havent had any problems with them during the few times I went running in them.
    JakeKnight

They are too dirty now to take back, but I havent had any problems with them during the few times I went running in them.
      Can't say I've had your problem - but I do know that most good running stores will take the shoes back, if you think they're the problem. If they came from a place like Fleet Feet or Road Runner Sports or a local specialty store, give them a call and see what they advise. I'd bet they'll either have a helpful suggestion or offer a refund or exchange.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

C-R

I agree with Jake if you bought these from a reputable running store. Take them back and see what they can do. Most local shops will figure out something to keep you as a healthy running customer. What's the worst that could happen - they end up fitting you with a better shoe now that you know one specific concern. Jake - nice signature block. Big grin I tried the garlic and 557s but it doesn't work for me. Perhaps I should use the odorless garlic tablets I see Larry King advertise and go with 521 intervals.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

JakeKnight

Jake - nice signature block. Big grin I tried the garlic and 557s but it doesn't work for me. Perhaps I should use the odorless garlic tablets I see Larry King advertise and go with 521 intervals.
          Best part is that every bit of it came from advice on this board. Most of it actually serious. Some not so much.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

well, when i bought them, i asked what their return policy was and theysaid, as long as they arent too dirty, they will take them back for store credit. but these def are too dirty. However, i bought my husband a pair and he has only wore them twice and it doesnt look like he will be getting into the running thing anytime soon so i thought maybe i should take his shoes back for store credit. i dont think they even have a speck of dirt on them! but if they only hurt me when i wear them for long periods of time, is it still ok to run in them??