My first ever 10K!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 539 times)

msl

When I first signed up on CR, I wrote as one of my goals that I wanted to run a 10K. Today was the first 10K race I signed up for in a series of three. To date the only other race I had run was a Reebok Women's Run that was 8K. I wasn't feeling nervous or excited about this race today. I thought it was just some little local yokal race, no chip, etc. Well. I was mistaken. Yes, its local yokal and there is no chip but these are some serious runners. I just read online that last year they had 515 runners and 453 of those runners did it in less than one hour. Holy crap! I am actually glad I didn't read that before hand. This is only the third time I have ever even run 10K. My best time in my training runs had been 1:09. Today I finished at 1:03:51....according to my Garmin. I was far back in the starting line up and without a chip, they time you just from the gun not when I actually crossed the starting line. I assume ( because I didn't look at the clock and I don't get my official time yet) that they have me over 1:04. Either way, I thought I was the last one, but I did see people come in after me. All in all, I am pleased with my time. DH ran too. He came in somewhere around 50 mins. It was great weather-wise. Rain had been predicted the entire day, but not one drop fell. Temperature was about 52F. Its a great route, completely flat and in a forest. Here is a picture DH took. Sorry its blurry, but that is me in pink!
      Congrats! The course looks like a lot of fun. Great finish time for your first 10K Smile
        Great job!

Think Whirled Peas

Congrats!!! Sounds like the weather was perfect for you. 52 F is some great runnin' weather. Today a 10k, this year a 15k? Half Mary, mayhap?!?!?!?! Smile Well done!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

JakeKnight

Congrats! My kind of course. Where is it?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Congrats on losing your virginity at 10K Smile Liam
              msl

Congrats! My kind of course. Where is it?
                Cologne, Germany!
                Ringmaster

Looks like a great course! Congrats on your first of many! Smile K

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

Another Passion

Congratulations! Great job on your first 10K! Big grin

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Congratulations!! I think the 10k is a great distance to race - I ran my first back in December and I think I'm hooked! You took a huge chunk of time off your training 10k time - way to go!!! Smile

Michelle

congratulations! well done on meeting your goal. and a good time too. Smile
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! You did great! My one and only 10k time was 1:19! Hoping to do better next time.
                            Congratulations wasn't it great. My goal for 2007 was to run in a 10K. I ran my first 10K in Oct. It was a small group about 60 runners and the course was through the northwest hills of CT with the Fall foilage in full season and it was spectactular. My wife had the day off and went with me, but she missed me finishing, because I finished 10th at 47:14 and since not many runners were in yet, she figured it was a really hard course. I did another 10K on Thanksgiving Day and I really like the distance, I'll be doing more this year as I begin training for a HM.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

msl

Thanks folks for all the words of encouragement! Can't wait to do it again!!!!!
                                Probably the best thread I've read today. Congratulations. What's next?