Garmin/sportTracks (Read 1872 times)

Ok so I ordered the 205 and I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive so I can be done with the Nike+. Here is my question: When running does it keep track of your times at every mile, or do you have to hit the lap button at every mile. Any help/hints would be appreciated. Jeremy
    2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

You can set it up to record times whenever you want. Mine is set up to record lap times every 1/4 of mile. I think it helps with keeping an eye on current pace. I use the average lap pace on all of my screens.
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      invisible

NavyJeremy, Be sure to install Sport Tracks after you've set up the Garmin Training Center. It gives a very good map of each run with the miles, time and speed at any point on the course, with a left mouse click. A lot of people say that a Garmin without Sport Tracks, is just a big expensive watch. Smile
        90 percent of the game is not giving up.
          Thanks for bringing that up invisible as I had looked at the program and was wondering about that as well. Just wondering...is it an easy program to navigate.
          2009 Goals...:

invisible

Yes, it's as easy as pie. Big grin It's a breeze to navigate.
              NavyJeremy, Be sure to install Sport Tracks after you've set up the Garmin Training Center. It gives a very good map of each run with the miles, time and speed at any point on the course, with a left mouse click. A lot of people say that a Garmin without Sport Tracks, is just a big expensive watch. Smile
              Second on that one SPORTSTRACKS

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You can set it up to record times whenever you want. Mine is set up to record lap times every 1/4 of mile.
                Yep. This is the Auto-lap feature. Very handy. I set mine up for one mile, and like bearcat, I look at the Lap Pace (which in my case would be the current pace for that mile). The field called "Pace", which is your current/instantaneous pace is too jumpy, so you're better served looking at Lap Pace or overall Average Pace on your runs.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Second on that one SPORTSTRACKS
                  Thats a triple thumbs up for sports tracks. I also recomend the elevation correction and weather information plugins. Sports Tracks is a fantastic program.
                  invisible

I haven't used a running log, since I bought my 205 and installed Sport Tracks.
                      Ok here is a question on the original thread that I started.....I recently bought a new computer and I am trying to figure out how to transfer all my workouts over to the new computer. Anybody have any suggestions? Jeremy
                      2009 Goals...:

Prince of Fatness

Ok here is a question on the original thread that I started.....I recently bought a new computer and I am trying to figure out how to transfer all my workouts over to the new computer. Anybody have any suggestions? Jeremy
                        You should just need to copy the log file over to the new PC, then open it. If you are using the latest version of the software it should have a .logbook file extension. If you don't know where it is go into settings and click on Data files. There you will find the Default folder for new logbooks. Look in the directory listed for your file. Copy the file over to the new PC, then go ahead and open it. As an aside it's not a bad idea to back your logbook file up occasionally. I back mine up a couple of times a month. Once I back the file up I clear out the history on the Garmin.

Not at it at all. 

What happened to my post? hmmm

Vim