New headphones ROCK! (Read 1654 times)

Beatin' on the Rock

The cheap-o headphones that came with my iPod died, so I bought the same KOSS adjustable earbud ones I got for my dd at Wal-Mart for $20. The sound is simply awesome. I can't believe what I put up with in my ears before! Well worth the $20 Big grin
    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
      Hey TT! Found you again! Thanks for the news on your head phones. I just fried (or rather "soaked") my last good pair ($100+) so I've been back to using the iPod's original head phones again. I like the idea of a $20 pair, then I don't have to be so bummed when I sweat too much and wreck the headphones.
        I've always hesitated to get anything other than really cheap earbuds for running. What with sweat, rain, snagging the wire on a branch, etc., they get abused. Plus, I've found that just the constant jiggling of running can fatigue the internal wiring and eventually I'll lose one channel or the other. I'd be willing to pay a bit more if I were sure they'd last a long time, but still roll my eyes at the $80 or $90 iPod earbuds that I've seen.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I just ordered these for my son - they're supposed to be sweat-proof and water-resistant. I found them mentioned positively on a couple of running forums, so I hope they will be decent. http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4112469
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My very favorite headphones are over a year old and still going strong: Sennheiser MX-75. I think I paid about $40. Sweat-proof, rainproof, ambient noise comes through great, so I can hear cars and sounds around me. Very nice. Comfy and I forget I have them in--unlike the Apple earbuds.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've yet to find a pair of headphones that can go beyond 45 minutes and not bother me. I ordered the Sennheisers similar to Kirsten's, http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500504 (not quite the same but similar) and altho they are probably the BEST I've ever used, they still irritate my ears after about 45 minutes. When I start to sweat, they chafe the insides of my ears. Sad
              ---- Cynthia

Top 'O the World!

I'm still running w/these: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=177 Motorola S9, bluetooth (wireless), 3 different earbud fits (soft!), water/sweatproof, also links to cell phone, holds charge for up to 6 hrs (I'm not running that far yet!), good sound, easy controls. ....my biggest issues are coordinating w/sunglasses fit...& I haven't had them long enough to determine durability...
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  I got a pair of $15 Sony MDR-G42 headphones about 4 years ago and they are great. Sound is fine, they don't mess with your ear because they aren't in-ear, and they've held up fine with sweat/running/everything. A great pair of headphones...
                  keep running!

Me and my RP

I have a hard time finding buds that will STAY in my ears when I run. Sad

Another Passion

I have a hard time finding buds that will STAY in my ears when I run. Sad
                      Ditto. I'm constantly trying to cram the dayung things into my ears so they'll stay. Then my ears hurt when I'm done running. Roll eyes

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

an amazing likeness

I highly recommend the Sennheiser MX75 earbuds. They use that little ridge above your ear canal to hold themselves in place. For me, these never fall out and are comfortable for hours on end. Pretty good sound quality as well.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

nearlythere

I'm with gohawks on the sony street headphones. I can't wear in ear headphones either so these are good as the just sit in place and don't move about at all for up to 2 hrs of running! Indestructibleas well, had them for at least 4 years now
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I highly recommend the Sennheiser MX75 earbuds. They use that little ridge above your ear canal to hold themselves in place. For me, these never fall out and are comfortable for hours on end. Pretty good sound quality as well.
                            Mine don't even fit me "correctly," but they still stay put and are super comfy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Smell the glove

i get the sony h.ear clip on headphones. they fit over the ear and have a little slide up yoke on the wires that you can slide up under your chin to keep them from flopping around. they're comfy and fairly cheap (about $15 at best buy or wal mart)
                                I really like the JVC Marshmallows. The only drawback is that I can't find replacement earpieces. They come with 2 sets, so when I wear them both out, I just buy a whole new set. They are $20, and they last me a few months, so it's not too bad.