Lingo here .. what is being said. (Read 1585 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

xor

GETM, explained.

Dude, I linked that on the previous page.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I make a habit of repeating links in this thread.

On her bed there was a crank, and a crack on the ceiling had the habit of sometimes looking like a rabbit.

You'll ruin your knees!

Dude, I linked that on the previous page.

SRL... gets no respect...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

She's doing crank and crack?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

SRL... gets no respect...

Ha.  Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

I *always* laugh at that joke in Caddyshack, but honestly I don't quite understand it.  It kind of seems like he's saying the hat is bad enough for a homeless guy in line at the soup kitchen, but I get stuck on "buy a hat" if that's the case.

And yet I still laugh.  Every single time. For 30+ years.

an amazing likeness

Unfortunately, what's not being said can also be as hard to decipher....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Queen of 3rd Place

cliff notes version, please

Which brings us to tl;dr

Ex runner

tl;dr

I think that means 'too long; didn't read?"

Ha.  Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

I *always* laugh at that joke in Caddyshack, but honestly I don't quite understand it.  It kind of seems like he's saying the hat is bad enough for a homeless guy in line at the soup kitchen, but I get stuck on "buy a hat" if that's the case.

And yet I still laugh.  Every single time. For 30+ years.

hmmm, ive always heard it told with a haircut instead of a hat. the way i understood it is they put the bowl on your head and cut around the rim, producing a common 90's hair style. i thought the idea is that its such a cheap haircut that they fill the bowl with soup after like some sort of consolation prize.

cliff notes version, please

someone started a game where people have to try to get points from other people by way of trickery. Give Em To Me! is the phrase used when a person successfully takes points from another player.

xor

hmmm, ive always heard it told with a haircut instead of a hat. the way i understood it is they put the bowl on your head and cut around the rim, producing a common 90's hair style. i thought the idea is that its such a cheap haircut that they fill the bowl with soup after like some sort of consolation prize.

Well, that's called a 'bowl cut' and it goes back to the great depression at least.  Dunno that I would want soup in a bowl after a head has been in it, but that at least allows a bowl (for soup) to exist.  The hat version is just weird.

Dunno that I would want soup in a bowl after a head has been in it,

Adds protein. 

A Saucy Wench

I make a habit of repeating links in this thread.

On her bed there was a crank, and a crack on the ceiling had the habit of sometimes looking like a rabbit.

One of many books I can read with my eyes closed for $1000 Alex.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7