Returning running shoes (Read 850 times)

I asked this in my other tread but I didn't get much response so I am gonna try again. I recently bought a pair of shoes that I wore around the house and then ran less than a mile in them. They felt great in the store but as soon as I tried them on the roads, they where totally unacceptable. Should I expect the running store I bought them from to take them back?
    HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Yes. They actually send them back to the shoe company so they don't lose out. I have returned shoes a couple of times.

• Black Canyon 100k
      • RRR
      • Zane Grey 100k
      • High Lonesome 100
      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
      • The Bear 100
      • Javelina Jundred (?)
        It sure is funny how they feel totally different in the store than they do at home.
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Most stores are good about it. The running store I bought mine from told me I could return as long as I hadn't worn them outside, but not all stores are like that. It sure doesn't hurt to ask. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

If I keep running in them I would almost suredly blow out a knee. For some reason they make my leg turn kinda funny.
            anneb

I think that most running stores will take back shoes that aren't working for you even if you've run for weeks - outside - in them. They would rather have your repeat business than have you unhappy about your shoes and not likely to shop with them again.

Anne

I would say most running stores would take them back ... for example www.roadrunnersports.com has a 60-day guaranteed fit policy ... you could run your shoes for 2 months and they will give you store credit for same. They want your business long-term ... and I just referred a new customer to them ... so it's a pretty smart policy

2012= under-goaled

It has been my experience that sometimes, when the running store won't take them back, the manufacturer will. I bought a pair of New Balance and after 250 miles a hole wore right through them. The running shoe store would not take them back but when I wrote to New Balance, they agreed to exchange them for another pair.
                  I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                  JOHNMAGGIO

alot of it has to do with the name brand of shoes. New Balance lets us send "defective" shoes back if customers run in the a few times and dont like them. So wouldnt we let the customers do that. If the manufacture will not take back defects from the retailors its most likely that the store will just be stuck with the loss. When the items are worn we allow an exchange or store credit. If the items are brand new then a full refund is in order.
                    www.nbannapolis.com
                      This is one of the main reasons I frequent my local running store. Their return policy is so much better than the big box stores, and I don't have to fool with mailing shoes back and forth as I would if I were buying online. However, I have found that some running stores are more lenient with their return policy than others. One nearby store doesn't like it if you've worn the shoes outside. Another doesn't care; you can do whatever you want to them for a month, and they'll still take them back.