Charlie Horse HM (Read 754 times)

Great job,you guys. That was so nice that you got to do this together! Loved the reports. Michelle - hope your ankle heals quiclky.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Thanks Jen, Sherry and Cheryl!! Hope to hear the best news possible after you go to the doctors Michelle!! BTW you should of seen the stud Michelle bought me for my birthday Wink Ok he wasn't real and it was just a picture in a card, but I thought it was so sweet!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You guys are amazing!!!!! Awesome report(s)/ pictures!!! Way to kick some butt! How was it running with wet feet right from the get-go? It doesn't sound like it even bothered you during the run. How are your "injuries" doing today? Congrats!!! Big grin
        Thanks Joni! Yep we kicked butt and took names Wink Like Michelle said it was pretty hot so our feed dried pretty fast. I think the hills overtook any thought of sloshy feet. I rolled my left ankle pretty good and my hip was bothering me this morning, but I was able to get in an AWESOME recovery run and am feeling good other tired and a little dehydrated no matter how much I drink.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Picture of Michelle and myself. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
            *lol* What was I doing in this picture? Looks like I was about to try to fly. Big grin Modified to add - Notice how I am not putting pressure on that left foot- Pain had taken over at that point.

Michelle

Great job,you guys. That was so nice that you got to do this together! Loved the reports. Michelle - hope your ankle heals quiclky.
              Thank you! I'm not sure what is going on with my left foot. I ran Saturday morning with Scout, just fine, but then after running while I was doing some yard work (putting mulch in the flower bed Smile), I began to feel some pains. From that point on I realized something was wrong. I shouldn't have run on Sunday but I hate to give in to an unknown pain. I'll see how things go during the week. I figured out a way to tape it so it's not that bad. Feels like it has a constant "headache". I have to be better to run on Saturday, I can't let my 15 y/o beat me in the race we signed up for to run together. Big grin

Michelle

*lol* What was I doing in this picture? Looks like I was about to try to fly. Big grin
                Not sure but considering we we're on flat land finally we probably could of taken off Wink

Scout7

Congrats to both of you. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Really wish I could've been there......
                    Congrats to both of you. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Really wish I could've been there......
                    Thank you Scout!! You were sorely missed!! Same Place Same Time Next year! GOT IT? Tongue

Thank you! I'm not sure what is going on with my left foot. I ran Saturday morning with Scout, just fine, but then after running while I was doing some yard work (putting mulch in the flower bed Smile), I began to feel some pains. From that point on I realized something was wrong. I shouldn't have run on Sunday but I hate to give in to an unknown pain. I'll see how things go during the week. I figured out a way to tape it so it's not that bad. Feels like it has a constant "headache". I have to be better to run on Saturday, I can't let my 15 y/o beat me in the race we signed up for to run together. Big grin
                      Sure hope it's feeling better today hun!! Oh and I have no doubt it will stop you from racing on Saturday and kicking butt!!

Slowly I am learning all about the different types of injuries that go along with running (oh, and soccer). I just got the results back from my x-ray done this morning and everything looks normal! Which means I'm dealing with a ligament issue, but nothing serious. I feel soooo much better now, knowing that there isn't anything broken in my foot. At this rate I'll know all about the pains to ignore and which ones to panic about. This one, just as when I rolled my ankle in soccer, is one that I didn't need to panic about. Now I know, in case it happens again. I still have to take it easy until Thursday. If things don't ease up by then I'll be heading for an MRI of my foot to investigate how much damage there is to the ligament on my 5th metatarsal (this is what the dr said). But as far as I'm concerned, I'll be good enough to go for Saturday's race. Then off to OCMD on Sunday for three days of rest.

Michelle

Slowly I am learning all about the different types of injuries that go along with running (oh, and soccer). I just got the results back from my x-ray done this morning and everything looks normal! Which means I'm dealing with a ligament issue, but nothing serious. I feel soooo much better now, knowing that there isn't anything broken in my foot. At this rate I'll know all about the pains to ignore and which ones to panic about. This one, just as when I rolled my ankle in soccer, is one that I didn't need to panic about. Now I know, in case it happens again. I still have to take it easy until Thursday. If things don't ease up by then I'll be heading for an MRI of my foot to investigate how much damage there is to the ligament on my 5th metatarsal (this is what the dr said). But as far as I'm concerned, I'll be good enough to go for Saturday's race. Then off to OCMD on Sunday for three days of rest.
                          SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear it's not broken!! Yep after awhile you start figuring out what pains to panic about and which ones to just watch. I was thinking about it yesterday and the pain you were describing sounded alot like the pain I had way back last fall I think (though it could of been last spring lol) anyways I basically did the ice thing and took it easy and it was back to normal in no time. I have a real high pain tolerance and unlesss I'm dying I don't go to the doctors. Anway can't wait to hear your race report once your back from your mini vacation!! I'm sure your going to KICK IT!!

SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear it's not broken!! Yep after awhile you start figuring out what pains to panic about and which ones to just watch. I was thinking about it yesterday and the pain you were describing sounded alot like the pain I had way back last fall I think (though it could of been last spring lol) anyways I basically did the ice thing and took it easy and it was back to normal in no time. I have a real high pain tolerance and unlesss I'm dying I don't go to the doctors. Anway can't wait to hear your race report once your back from your mini vacation!! I'm sure your going to KICK IT!!
                            I used to have a high pain tolerance but over the recent years I've found that the Internet puts too many bad ideas in my mind as to what could be wrong, so I panic and head to the dr. I'm better off just ignoring the pain. I'll have to work on that. Another thing - In my mind I kept thinking of how if I was doing more damage to what ever was wrong I could just be making my healing time take all that much longer. I hate not knowing if I'm doing more damage. I can deal with pain to some extent, but not damage - I'd hate to make a possible 1 week recovery turn into a 6 week recovery.

Michelle

Another thing - In my mind I kept thinking of how if I was doing more damage to what ever was wrong I could just be making my healing time take all that much longer. I hate not knowing if I'm doing more damage. I can deal with pain to some extent, but not damage - I'd hate to make a possible 1 week recovery turn into a 6 week recovery.
                              Totally understand that.

Looks like Michelle was 5th (124th out of 226 finishers) in our age group and I was 6th(126th). First female in our age group finished in 2:15:29 And a woman I ran South Mountain 10 miler (she totally kicked my arse) last year came in a few minutes behind me. She won her age group award on Sunday. Made me feel pretty good about my race considering she's a somewhat regular to the trail races.