Hips popping? (Read 1318 times)

My prewash:)

Has anyone had problems with their hip joints popping after sitting for a while or getting up in the morning?  I read somewhere that it is actually my IT band snapping over a protusion in the bone.  It doesn't hurt and actually feels better when it is popped or snapped or whatever it is.  Ahh the joys of getting older!!!!

"Carpe Diem"

Yeah, that happens to me a few times a day.  My knees and ankles pop all the time too.  I'm only 27, but I have never really had running injuries outside of blowing out my calf once.  No hips/ankles/knee problems so I wouldn't worry about it.

2014 Goals:

Not destroy my back while running.

2014 Goals:

Not destroy my back while running.

A Dance with Monkeys

Where do you mean when you say "hip"?

just a simple cat

Where do you mean when you say "hip"?

Where your leg attaches at the top   (sheesh, don't they teach anatomy anymore?)

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

I had the hip popping thing happen frequently while I was running in High School.  As you said it usually isn't painful however I did once have an issue with my IT band in my hip getting inflammed.  I rested for a few days and it was better.

I had the hip popping thing happen frequently while I was running in High School.  As you said it usually isn't painful however I did once have an issue with my IT band in my hip getting inflammed.  I rested for a few days and it was better.

You'll find a lot of hip-hop in high school.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

just a simple cat

<groan>  Big grin

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

My prewash:)

Thanks guys!  I am afraid there will be more weird sounds as I get older......I just keep on rolling!Big grin

"Carpe Diem"