Nike Flyknit (Read 954 times)

bhearn

Looks pretty interesting. Available this July.

"Yarns and fabric variations are precisely engineered only where they are needed for a featherweight, formfitting and virtually seamless upper. With all the structure and support knitted in, the Nike Flyknit Racer’s upper and tongue weigh just 34 grams (1.2 ounces). The whole shoe weighs a mere 160g (5.6 ounces) for a size 9, 19% lighter than the Nike Zoom Streak 3, a shoe worn by first, second and third place athletes in the men’s marathon at the 2011 World Championships.

Nike Flyknit upper is also engineered for precision fit, creating a feeling of a second skin. NIKE has created an everyday running shoe, the Nike Flyknit Trainer+, which at 220 grams or 7.7 ounces, will bring the weight and fit benefits of Nike Flyknit to runners of all levels."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm really intrigued by the trainer.  Too bad they won't be available until July.  This Spring will be my most running-intensive part of 2012 and I'd love to give them a go for some Spring races.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Have you seen the commercial for the shoe? It's pretty.

Feeling the growl again

Very intriguing.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I quit following Nike years ago so I may have missed it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you seen the commercial for the shoe? It's pretty.

The text below the ad was intriguing.  It sounds like it could be an especially good shoe for people with oddly shaped feet or who are prone to blisters.  If they are as good as they look on paper I'd not be surprised to see them incorporate those sort of uppers with the range of shoes with lunarfoam/lunarlon soles.  I've been a big fan of the Run Avant+/Lunarfly+ and have run in each generation of that shoe since inception.  Usually my only beef with any of them have been with the uppers sometimes being a little stiff.

~ Sarah Kay

It sounds like it could be an especially good shoe for people with oddly shaped feet or who are prone to blisters.

It's like you've seen my feet. I really like the Lunaracer, but the uppers rip up my feet. So, yes, I'm hoping a knitted upper will be more comfortable.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's like you've seen my feet. I really like the Lunaracer, but the uppers rip up my feet. So, yes, I'm hoping a knitted upper will be more comfortable.

I have really stupid duck feet - narrow heels with wide forefoot.  Thus far recent Nikes have actually fit me pretty well (except for the trail version of the Lunarfly+ 2, which is significantly snugger than the road version).  I've never tried the Lunaracer after hearing it ran pretty narrow.

~ Sarah Kay

bhearn

I'm really intrigued by the trainer.  Too bad they won't be available until July.  This Spring will be my most running-intensive part of 2012 and I'd love to give them a go for some Spring races.

It's conceivable they could sell some early supply at the Boston Marathon expo... but at three months out, probably not. Saucony often sells shoes there that don't officially hit the market for another month or two.

brandicted

spam