2012 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 6881 times)

2:55:15 for me at Bungay (1:27:42 and 1:27:33 splits). Near-perfect execution, don't think I could have pulled much more out of that course today. My first sub-3 and a 14 minute pb. Very happy with that. Looking forward to all the Boston reports now!

Congratulations!

2:55:15 for me at Bungay (1:27:42 and 1:27:33 splits). Near-perfect execution, don't think I could have pulled much more out of that course today. My first sub-3 and a 14 minute pb. Very happy with that. Looking forward to all the Boston reports now!

Great job!

DoppleBock

Sweet splits - Congrats on the big break through! 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Thanks guys!

Legs are sore today, but not at all destroyed. Looking forward to a Summer of 5K and 10K races.

Great run Chris, hope to bump into you at one of those summer races in London.

HermosaBoy

Nice running Chris!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jjameson

I love the even splits!

(Won't see much of that at Boston today!)

Yeah, I'm very pleased with the even splits. After having had some terrible death marches in the past, it seems like I am starting to get it right.

Roth, got my eyes on the Battersea Park races again this year and also the Regent's Park 10k series. Would be fun if our paths would cross; impressive HM result by the way!

Yeah, I'm very pleased with the even splits. After having had some terrible death marches in the past, it seems like I am starting to get it right.

Roth, got my eyes on the Battersea Park races again this year and also the Regent's Park 10k series. Would be fun if our paths would cross; impressive HM result by the way!

Even splits on a not too easy course as well.  I believe the course is tougher on the back end which makes that even more impressive!

I'll definitely be doing a couple of the battersea races, I hope to see you then, we'd have a good battle I reckon Smile

Feeling the growl again

Well I guess I am in for 2:35 at Carmel on 4/21.  DB talked me into this one.  My training and racing have been VERRY rollercoaster-like this year so the error bars around this goal are pretty wide.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice job Chrbech
                        DoppleBock

Spaniel - Marathon racing is about self discovery and with it being much less sure or variable this time around it leaves a lot more room for self discovery ... Although I hope the subjecct matter is good.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good luck DB and Spaniel! 

I'm guessing DB is pulling his usual sandbagging, so I'm putting him down for a <2:45.   Spaniel could run a <2:35 any day of the week at top shape.  Maybe he is not in top shape, but he has tapered (right?).

Feeling the growl again

Good luck DB and Spaniel! 

I'm guessing DB is pulling his usual sandbagging, so I'm putting him down for a <2:45.   Spaniel could run a <2:35 any day of the week at top shape.  Maybe he is not in top shape, but he has tapered (right?).

Rested, yes.  I ended up missing a couple days' running...family stuff....and did a 6 mile tempo run at 5:23 avg.  Scary easy effort.  So the fitness is there.  Problem is I have been VERY hit or miss on whether I can pull it out on a given day.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Boston result = 3:19:10. I'm happy with that.