Hydration? (Read 930 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been thinking I might want to get something like a Camelbackā„¢. Eryn/backroadrunner and I were talking about this not long ago, too. Does anyone use something like this and, if so, what model do you recommend? I wouldn't want anything very large, just enough to hold maybe a liter or so of water for longer runs during the Summer months. TIA, k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'd be curious to know what everyone else uses too. I looked at one made by Bell that seemed ok, but I don't know. I have a cheap, around the waist deal that holds a water bottle & I hate it. It isn't comfortable, it doesn't stay in place. If I wear it behind me, it bounces off my booty (could just be that I need to lose some size in this area??), if I wear it on my side, it is in the way of my arms, if I wear it in front, it either sits too high or too low. Or maybe I'm just picky?? Does the Camelbackā„¢ bounce on your back much, does it rub at all? Does it make your back really hot? Any other recommnedations for hydration other than a backpack style? Also, anyone have any recommendations on good shorts for running? I hate every pair I have now & it is finally warm enough in this God-forsaken cold state to wear shorts some days!! I wear pants for a long time because my legs tighten if they are cold at all, but it was 83 today & humid w/ no breeze...not pant weather!
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eryn, I found this and went ahead and bought it--it's almost $10 cheaper than the best price any place else (my guess is because it's lavender...but that doesn't bother me. Heck, my running shoes are white with pink and gray): <a href="http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productid=1868504>sports authority</a> their price on the cleaning kit and tablets was also very good, so i grabbed some of those. that appears to be their smallest waist pack--only 28oz. but that should be plenty for most of my runs. maybe if i were a marathoner i'd want the next biggest size (45oz.), but for my current needs that one should be just fine. no sweaty back with that, either. k href=""></a href="http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productid=1868504>sports authority</a> their price on the cleaning kit and tablets was also very good, so i grabbed some of those. that appears to be their smallest waist pack--only 28oz. but that should be plenty for most of my runs. maybe if i were a marathoner i'd want the next biggest size (45oz.), but for my current needs that one should be just fine. no sweaty back with that, either. k>

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cool, Eryn and I happened to be in a Dick's Sporting Goods store and I got to try on the EXACT (only for $9 more than I paid) Camelbak model that I just ordered--it seemed to fit REALLY well. I think I'm going to like it a lot. I am fairly sway-backed, so I have quite a hollow right above my butt (small of my back)...that's exactly where it sits. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

Sounds like you might have worked this out already, but just in case... I use a system ("amphipod") that includes a number of smaller (about 10 oz) individual bottles (there are many brands.. 'fuel belt' seems the most popular...). Nice because you have the wieght of the liquid distributed around your body a bit more than with a big bottle holder. It's also nice because you can decide to leave a few of the bottles at home if you're not going as far (or if you have somehwere to fill up on the way), so it can be pretty flexible. Also, you can bring along a couple bottles of gatorade and a couple bottles of water if you like variety. But I've seen lots of people use the big-bottle approach and the Camelback products seem really well designed, so if that's more to your liking, stick with it.