High School XC/Track (Read 781 times)

NYSrunner

Hey! Hows everyone doing? I"m not sure how this forum really works and stuff, but I've been reading a lot of different topics and it seems like it's mostly mid-age people running, which is great! I was wondering if there was anyone here who runs in highschool. I currently run for a great highschool in upstate NY. So if you do give a shout out!
    rockintrax

well- there are a lot of middle aged runners.. but I've found that A) that can be really helpful as they have more experience and B) there are quite a few college runners around as well (and there are some high school runners as well) - you just have to search around to find them I run in NY as well - have fun on the site.
      Steph
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Do you already know about dyestat.com? http://www.talk.dyestat.com/index.php The high school SC/track board for Maine is very active, so I bet the other states are, also. There are boards for general questions as well. Good luck!
        NYSrunner

Yes of course! It's a great site, but it takes forever to get your username approved....thats why I'm kind of using this.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know there are at least a few 18 and under runners floating around here. Something you might want to do is set up a user group just for you guys and gals. Boy, I'll bet if the Internet had been in existence when I graduated back in '91 that I would have stuck with running (and actually enjoyed it with the great advice and encouragement I have found here) instead of avoiding it for 15 years... Smile My 20s probably wouldn't have been known as my "fat" decade, either. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My 20s probably wouldn't have been known as my "fat" decade, either. Tongue
              More likely the "phat" decade zoomy. Huh?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

More likely the "phat" decade zoomy. Huh?
                Yeah...or sexyback decade...or somethin'. I guess now my 30s can be my phat decade. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey! Hows everyone doing? I"m not sure how this forum really works and stuff, but I've been reading a lot of different topics and it seems like it's mostly mid-age people running, which is great! I was wondering if there was anyone here who runs in highschool. I currently run for a great highschool in upstate NY. So if you do give a shout out!
                  i am, but not for long. in fact, i ran my last high school race yesterday. a happy, yet sad day.
                  scormier

I'm a Freshman at a highschool in Maine. How's track been for you this year?
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm a Freshman at a highschool in Maine. How's track been for you this year?
                      Where are you in Maine? My son is a sophomore on the track/XC teams at Greely (Cumberland). It sounds like you're doing well - keep up the good work!