Tables in Messages (Read 630 times)

I see all of the feature requests have to do with the logs. I am not sure if that means the forums are basically "as is." If not, there are various threads in the Masters Group for which it would be a huge help if posters could create tables. Even the ability to create pseudo-tables via a fixed width font would help. A formatting link to a Courier font would work. Thanks for the great web site and whatever you can do on this front.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

There is already limited support for tables - but I don't think Eric supports the attributes like border, bgcolor, etc. Here's an example of a basic table (I think you can only use table, tr, and td tags at the moment). Oh and the extra blank lines were not added by me.
      Hello World This Is A Table
      Hello World This Is A Table
      Oh yeah, here's another table:

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Thanks Bonkin. I tested out the table tags, but obviously botched it up so they were just displayed and not turned into formatted text. As to the extra spaces the problem is the forum code apparently renders the newlines within the table tags, rather than ignoring them as it "should." To get rid of the extra line feeds you need to do the table as one long line of HTML code. Not ideal, but at least this is better than what I thought was available.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

No problem, Twocat. Thanks for the explanation of the blank lines - makes sense. Hopefully, Eric will add a bit more support for stuff like this in a future release.

Oops. Double post.