The dreaded pre-race Phantom Pains! (Read 656 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah, I have 'em...bad. I'm certain it's mostly in my head, but my right knee is a little wonky and my legs feel sorta dead, even after over a week of easy, shorter runs. Stupid legs, stupid brain. Gah, I will be so glad when tomorrow's HM race is over! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Hey zz, good luck with tomorrow's race!!! Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! I should be more nervous about it than I am, but I'm not...maybe that's a good thing...? k

~ Sarah Kay

va

You're probably not too nervous, since you're so well prepared. Just look at your workout chart! You should be in for a good race. Are you gong to have good weather for it?
            My nervousness usually peaks about a week before the race. And then manifests itself into pains, nausea and stomach problems. Just make sure to use all that nervous energy in the race tomorrow. The adrenaline will work in your favor. Good luck tomorrow!

Marquess of Utopia

Good luck!
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are you gong to have good weather for it?
                Gorgeous...low to mid 60s, sun, light wind, but plenty of shade and shelter. Smile I'd been debating over whether to wear a skirt or 3/4 tights, but I looked at the weather from my 25k in May and that was similar and I wore my skirt and was comfy, so skirt it is! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Don't sweat it Zoomy! Compared to your 25k this is only a 1/2 Big grin You are going to rock it. I think you are right going with the skirt. 60's is probably too warm for tights - especially if it heats up any.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't sweat it Zoomy! Compared to your 25k this is only a 1/2 Big grin
                    Isn't it funny that I have the same view, nowadays? I think to myself...geez, 13.1 miles isn't so long. I've run 16 in a single run, before. 13 is *easy*. I may have to eat my words tomorrow, though.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Have a good race. I think skirt and a singlet or tech t-shirt should suffice. Will look forward to your race report...
                      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Z-Z Have a good run ... we need a race report! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

good luck kirsten - have a great race.

Along for the Ride

good luck zoomie - you are ready to race! Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

GOOD LUCK!!!! Have fun and enjoy!! Can't wait to hear your race report!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck - you're gonna do great! Can't wait to hear your report.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright