19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2935 times)

fast momma!

I ran until about 36 weeks and then i walked up until the day i delivered. It helps to get an elastic band to hold up your belly. That helped me ALOT! I think it may have made delivery easier, but more so was the fact that it was my second child. You are much more in control of everything the second time around, the delivery and the pregnancy.  It did however make losing the baby weight completely effortless! I had all my muscles still, so between that and breastfeeding, i was back down in like 3 weeks!

Congratulations on starting your baby off healthy, keep it up till the end, we are all with you!!!

2011 goals: sub 60min 10K

√ run 1st HM (May 29)

Slice

9 weeks left to go (give or take) and I'm still slowly cranking out the miles. I'm still managing to jog a good 95% of it with some walking. I gave up on the bike a while back due to my ever expanding waist but I'm still running outdoors - typically 3- 6 milers and 1- 9 miler. No rude comments, just one staring lady the one time I broke down and used the dreadmill. I've had several encouraging comments though!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

9 weeks left to go (give or take) and I'm still slowly cranking out the miles. I'm still managing to jog a good 95% of it with some walking. I gave up on the bike a while back due to my ever expanding waist but I'm still running outdoors - typically 3- 6 milers and 1- 9 miler. No rude comments, just one staring lady the one time I broke down and used the dreadmill. I've had several encouraging comments though!

You rock!!

Am I doing this right?

That's awesome. 

No excuses....

Turtlegirl

This is awesome!  Good for you!  I hope to be able to do the same thing once I get pregnant.  I just got hooked on outdoor running this past spring and we want to start trying for a baby soon - but I really don't want to give up my running.  This gives me hope!  I'm training for a half marathon and running that first though - so I can knock out my goal of running a half marathon before having kids first.  :O)  Thanks for the inspiration.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You are awesome! Smile

Slice

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement! I'm due in one month and slowing down and cutting back considerably. I'm having too much pain in my tailbone/hips/right leg to keep at it. Maybe I've got another 50 miles in me, but who knows. I've exceeded my original goal by 300 miles and freaked out many friends, family members, and strangers by running while pregnant so I'm super pleased! Big grin

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I watched a Women's - only race this morning and spotted two pregnant women racing in the 5k. They were indeed glowing. Big grin Congratulations!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I love the 'baby on board' signs.  Good for you/them!

Slice

I ended up hitting about 875 miles running & about 250 on my bike throughout my pregnancy. The baby apparently likes it because I'm overdue and being induced tomorrow. I put in my last 5 miles on my official due date yesterday & a 29:36 5k at 38.5 weeks. I'm officially done bragging on myself!

You did not half-ass that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hopefully your baby will come out all happy to ride in a stroller for runs....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I ended up hitting about 875 miles running & about 250 on my bike throughout my pregnancy. The baby apparently likes it because I'm overdue and being induced tomorrow. I put in my last 5 miles on my official due date yesterday & a 29:36 5k at 38.5 weeks. I'm officially done bragging on myself!

Wow. Just - WOW.

TRUST THE PROCESS

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Looking forward to the baby report.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25