19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2935 times)

#artbydmcbride

Baby here yet??  Smile

Runners run

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

We are dying to know!!!
      Slice

Baby Sloane Abigail arrived at 2pm yesterday & is doing phenomenal! I did have a hard time explaining the "Swoosh" symbol shaped birthmark on her behind though! Wink I did actually have to reassure the nurses about my low bp & resting heart rate though & I credit the running for the fairly easy labor & recovery. Thanks for reading about my accomplishment!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

tomatolover

Congrats!!!

Feeling the growl again

Baby Sloane Abigail arrived at 2pm yesterday & is doing phenomenal! I did have a hard time explaining the "Swoosh" symbol shaped birthmark on her behind though! Wink I did actually have to reassure the nurses about my low bp & resting heart rate though & I credit the running for the fairly easy labor & recovery. Thanks for reading about my accomplishment!

So how much did you run today?

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

Congrats! I hope to get to meet baby Sloane in Nov! We are soooo happy to you are both doing so well. Yay!!!
                keeponrunning

Wink

I think you're pushing it a bit Wink

Congrats!  Hope when I reach that stage of my life I can do half as well as you!  Smile 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

congratulations and enjoy your new little bundle of joy!

steph  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay!  Did you end up being induced, after all?  Glad everything went so well...welcome, Sloane!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

I think you're pushing it a bit Wink

Congrats!  Hope when I reach that stage of my life I can do half as well as you!  Smile 

Of course.   

Hell, my wife has 3 months to go and if I make her walk fast she has contractions.  Utmost respect given here.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

A Saucy Wench

Welcome Sloane!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Slice

Wink

I just threw the kid in the jogging stroller and ran home from the hospital. Wink I actually plan to take off longer than the Dr recommends. Ennay has me paranoid about injury since I have a tendency to overdo it. 

Spaniel, I didn't realize your wife is expecting - congrats to you!

Zoomie - I did have to be induced. It wasn't so bad though. I just felt like I was messing with fate or something. My Dr said (in a likely attempt to make me feel better) that it probably would have been the day anyway since it went so smoothly and quickly.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Feeling the growl again

I just threw the kid in the jogging stroller and ran home from the hospital. Wink I actually plan to take off longer than the Dr recommends. Ennay has me paranoid about injury since I have a tendency to overdo it. 

Spaniel, I didn't realize your wife is expecting - congrats to you!

Thanks!

Pregnancy softens cartilage....everywhere.  Be careful coming back.

an amazing likeness

Wow, you just made a new little person...amazing! You women are just amazing.

Oh, and that running stuff right up to the end....yeah, that's something special too.

Congratulations!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.