Cathartic. (Read 763 times)

Running is so cathartic. I was going to take a day off today. I needed the sleep (bar review, if you have somehow missed my bar related rants .. and that's the bar-for-lawyers, not the fun kind). I was halfway though a practice essay on maryland civil procedure, when I really needed to get up and move and sweat. I quickly finished it, threw on running clothes and shoes, and headed out for 3 quick miles at an 8:11 pace. I finished, sweating, hot, exhuasted, red faced. Showered and dressed and was in a much better mood than I was 30 minutes before that. Something I read in RW that always stuck with me: you always feel better after a run than you did before it.
    2009: BQ?
      True 'nuff.
      Mishka-old log

Absolutely! I hear you all too well. My summer and fall are being consumed by studying for/taking the CPA exam. When is your exam? Good luck!
          When is your exam?
          July 24 is the written portion, Maryland specifcic, and July 25 is the MBE. Thanks for the well wishes --- good luck to you, too!
            Good luck with the bar exam. I ran a lot during my bar review course, too. It always seems to make me focus better. Plus, you can only study civil procedure and secured transactions so long before your eyes go crossed. Gotta break that up!

You'll ruin your knees!

July 24 is the written portion, Maryland specifcic, and July 25 is the MBE. Thanks for the well wishes --- good luck to you, too!
              ...so, will you taper for that? If so, you should think about backing off sometime late next week! Tongue Best of luck to you both! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

...so, will you taper for that? If so, you should think about backing off sometime late next week! Tongue Best of luck to you both! Lynn B
                Thanks! We actually DO sort of taper, but not until the very end Wink
                  I agree! There are days when I am sitting at my desk and really don't want to go run but I will myself to. 30 steps in to my run I am so happy I went- then when I get back I am really glad I went. Good luck with the studying and the exams. You are taking the MBE on my 40th Bday. Smile
                  http://distance-runner.blogspot.com