Shoes hurt- Advice needed (Read 520 times)

Lia's Daddy

So this past weekend I was out of town visiting family for my birthday. My father got me a gift certificate for the local running store. I bought some new shorts, shirts and shoes. $50 gift certificate and spend over $150. I was trying on different shoes and told the salesperson that I was looking for a neutral shoe. I tried on a few pairs and finally settled on the Nike Span 5+. I, of course, did the trial run around the block and the shoe felt good. I got home on Mon. and did my first run and the shoes killed my feet. I ran 7.5 miles and had serious PAIN. After doing research I just found out that the shoes are not neutral but a "mild" stability shoe. Some of this is obviously my fault for not being a well-informed consumer, but I don't want to eat the $90. Is it unreasonable to call and see if I can send the shoes back (i will pay for shipping) and get reimbursed?
    "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
    JakeKnight

Is it unreasonable to call and see if I can send the shoes back (i will pay for shipping) and get reimbursed?
      Any reputable shoe store will gladly take the shoes back.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Its not unreasonalbe at all.......running shoes HAVE to be right.......and they aren't. They should take them back if they are a good store.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

A Saucy Wench

Most shoe stores I know will take them back for EXCHANGE, but not necessarily refund. Figure out what pair you want instead and the will be more likely to accommodate you.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Lia's Daddy

Most shoe stores I know will take them back for EXCHANGE, but not necessarily refund. Figure out what pair you want instead and the will be more likely to accommodate you.
            That was kind of my concern. The store is in Cincinnati and I live in Asheville, NC. I didn't want to get another pair without trying them on. Anyway, All is good because I talked to them this morning and they were very gracious and will be crediting my card. I am going to have to pay for shipping but I don't mind that because I feel like it was sort of stupid of me to buy running shoes in an out-of-town store.
            "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen