Calf and Ankle Pain (Read 4199 times)

Just a dude.

Well... I'm still working on this...

Blood test was great... Only complaint... my cholesterol was 201... instead of under 200...

Had a blood pressure test today... It came out as "perfect" and the gal was a bit surprised they sent me to her for it.

On week 4 of near complete rest.  Left leg is great... Right leg is getting there... 

Overall, really frustrated with medical process... It is so slow and I feel like I haven't been listened to.  I'd go shopping for a new doc, but since I visit one every 5-10 years, there's not much point...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I look my best blurry!

Are you able to do any cross training?  Pool running?  It would help the frustration and keep up your fitness level some.  You must be going crazy!  Thinking about you!

Just a dude.

I haven't cross trained at all... but I think I need to... I figured 2 weeks off wouldn't hurt at all, but now its about 4 weeks... I bet I'm losing ground now... Did run 7 today on trails... The start was slow, but the middle was fairly quick and felt wonderful... the end was a bit slow, but still felt ok... But then 4 hours later my leg was complaining... after doing almost nothing but sitting around... /sigh Hope to get in to another doc type next week... -Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

those who switched to barefoot running or minimalist shoes or Newton shoes seem to have LESS problems such as shin splint.  Also, if it is stress fracture, I would highly doubt that it eases as you run faster.

I'm a case in point:  Before I ditched the shoes, I had mild shin splints; now there's zero pain in my shins.  My knees were really painful and limited my mileage, but not any more.

Calves are working harder now.  Not giving me problems, but I definitely know they've been working.