Gliche when hitting "save" on run entry (Read 725 times)

SkunkConn

I have been having a lot of trouble lately when I go to hit save. I get some sort of server error and all my data is lost for that entry. I then have to go back and start over. Any ideas as to what is going on or how to fix it???? This is really a pain when entering a number of intervals. the exact error message that you encountered: Will get that when I can reproduce a list of steps to reproduce the error: fill in entry, hit save, get explorer error screen name of your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) IE version of your browser 6.0.2900.2180 name of your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 98, Mac OS X, Linux) XP version of your operating system. not sure
    eric :)

Hi SkunkConn, Thanks for the additional info. How often does this occur (sporadic/consistent)? You mentioned that there is an accompanying error message. Getting that would help narrow down the possibilities a lot. Since I didn't get notified of an error, I'm guessing that it's a format issue. The next time it happens, try to remember exactly what you typed and send that information to me, which will shed some light on the problem. eric :-)
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As an aside, often when using firefox, when you hit the back button, all your form data is still there (unlike IE) so you don't have to reenter it.
        SkunkConn

Eric Here is the "error" that I am getting. I guess it is an IE issue, and might have something to do with my setup at work. I just entered a run, and hit save and this is what I got. What is interesting is that it is intermittent, and I can't establish a pattern. If I hit refresh or back my data is gone. I am locked in to using IE at work, but use Firefox at home. I don't particulary remember an issue with Firefox, but am not sure: The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Click the Refresh button, or try again later. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting). Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings. Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK. Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed. If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0. Click the Back button to try another link. Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer Thanks again
          SkunkConn

I do notice more when I am adding text in the "notes" section. Or maybe when it has taken ~ 1 minute or more to enter text. I wonder if it is a timing out issue??? I'm not letting it sit for >5 min. though.

SkunkConn, The server times you out after 20 or 40 minutes (I can't remember what I set it to). If you have cookies enabled, it would log you back in automatically after the time out. If you don't have cookies enabled, you'll be prompted to relogin. The fact that your browser says the server is not reachable suggests that you're having a network issue. It seems like your browser can't get to the site after a short while. Since you're experiencing the problem at work, I would think that the IT guys did something funky with the firewall. I couldn't think of any other reason why it would happen. eric :-)
              Jayr

Same thing is happening to me too. Skun, have you been able to resolve anything? Thanks j.

Jayr, SkunkConn mentioned two issues: one is a browser problem while the other is a short time out problem. Which one did you encounter?
                  Jayr

Save is now working for me after I quit entering time of day for run; I'm able to post all other information! Something I'm sure even a caveman could fix for me, i'm just a little slow when it comes to computers. Thanks for the reply Eric.