Feedback for DW (Read 585 times)

Dave

My darling wife has started to run for the first time in her life over about the last 4 weeks or so. She's always stayed in pretty good shape but never really liked to run. But for whatever reason, she decided to give it a try. She's been on the treadmill for a few weeks without running outside and had worked her way up to 30 minutes without stopping. She went outside with a friend yesterday and logged her first "outside" run. Since she doesn't trust me to provide independent feedback, I thought I'd ask the group. She went 3.2 miles in about 31 minutes. First run ... ever. She's going to read this. What do you think?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

obiebyke

Your wife is a frickin rockstar. ROCKSTAR!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

That's AWESOME!! I thought it was so hard transitioning from a treadmill runner to an outdoor runner. She's much faster than me when I first started. Your wife is well on her way to becoming addicted. Congratulations. Wink Sara
          I know I couldn't have run a 5K in 31:00 after 4 weeks of running, especially on my first run outside. She's damned good, so better late than never. Great stuff Dave, you must be really happy about it.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hawt and sexy

I will say, not enough info. I need goals and recent race paces, then I can provide feedback. I hope she sticks with it and I hope she is not treating every run as another race.

I'm touching your pants.

Maniac

Your wife did a great job. That's a 5k (a little more actually) and she rocked it out in better than a 10-minute-mile on her first run outside. I ran like half a block and nearly puked on my first run. AWESOME JOB!! I'm also jealous that your wife has taken an interest in running...Mine just looks at me like I'm crazy.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Good for her, not only for a great pace for her first outdoor run, but for starting to run in the first place! Smile
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, that's great! I'm just trying not to turn green with envy. My 5k PR is 34:15, and that was after nine months of consistent running. Oh, well, some of us have to be turtles! She is definitely NOT a turtle!

Dave

Thanks everyone. I'm proud of her. She was just really questioning whether her pace was too slow. She ran with a friend who didn't really give her much feedback and she felt like she was holding her back. No matter how many times I told her it was a great pace, she wouldn't listen Evil grin She certainly wasn't "racing" it. About half, she was pushing a jog stroller with our 35 pound toddler. Appreciate all the positive feedback. It spoke much more than I could've. Not that she would've listened. Cool

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Another Passion

I'd say she's off to a terrific start, Dave. If anything, she needs to guard herself against doing too much, too fast, too soon, and winding up getting sidelined. My DW is the same way! Roll eyes Nice job Dave's DW... keep up the good work, but don't push yourself too hard. Big grin

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com