Do your running goals change with the seasons? (Read 841 times)

sabershooter

It is true that we do not get that cold here anyway, but last month I did a 16-mile long run in 12 degree weather. I know that's not cold for people up north, but for me it's just right.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Brrr...I think that's cold enough. Wanna swap locales? I think I'd like the weather in VA--maybe not in the middle of Summer, though. You guys get pretty sultry down there, don't you? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LydiaT

I'm playing around with the idea of running the Hyannis marathon in February so, I'm definitely planning on staying outside. The cold doesn't bother me much & as long as I can avoid being a speed bump (I run at night) I think I should be able to keep up with the training.
        I would love to know how this marathon is if you run it. I wanted to train for it but I had too much of a let down in training after a marathon in october. I'm not in shape for a marathon now. I'd love to know if this is worth putting on the schedule!
          Frozen Gatorade, with how this winter started, I don't know if I'll have the problem this year. BTW, does anyone know how to solve the problem of frozen Gatorade? A few ice chips in it is no problem, but when it doesn't want to come out of the bottle, it's a problem. I thought of warming it up a bit in the microwave before heading out for long runs on very cold days. - R