At what sport(s) are you a natural? (Read 2014 times)

So....many....comments.....GAAAAHHH!!!
    For shame. Big grin

Michelle

Scout7

For shame. Big grin
      What, that I had comments, or that I didn't post them?
        Hmmmm. Good question. Probably best left unanswered. Smile

Michelle

madness baby

I'm a water girl, too. I grew up wakeboarding and kneeboarding on the river. I've recently discovered I'm fearless under water, too. I might be afraid of the ball in volleyball and softball, but I'm not afraid of diving with reef sharks above and below me. Let's just say I'll stick to running for a while. Not that I'm fast, but it's good for me, and cheaper than diving. Smile Scout, you've really missed Claire, huh?! Wink
          deb
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

but I'm not afraid of diving with reef sharks above and below me.
            I don't think they'd scare me, either...I'd really love to try SCUBA diving, but recently read that those with inner ear issues usually have a very difficult time diving without problems. *sigh* One "sport" I have a feeling I'd be pretty good at is rally car. I'd LOVE to drive a zippy little car off-road in the mud, dodging trees and spectators, LOL! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

I don't think they'd scare me, either...I'd really love to try SCUBA diving, but recently read that those with inner ear issues usually have a very difficult time diving without problems. *sigh*
              You're right about that, I think. That stinks Sad It's a different world under there.
              deb
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It made me very sad when I learned that. I have dreamed of diving someday ever since I was a little kid. My hubby was SCUBA certified years ago and dove with his folks in Cancun. My inner ears are so messed-up that I can't even do rollercoasters or rides that go upside-down, anymore--at least not without losing my lunch.... Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

madness baby

Oh, yeah, kirsten, you don't want to try it, then. Sad What about snorkeling? There are tons of places where snorkeling is nearly as good as diving. There's one island in Thailand where people would snorkel rather than dive to see sharks. It's not the same, but in certain places it's not too different.
                  deb
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I'd definitely want to try snorkeling...would certainly be cheaper, too. The inner-ear thing really irks me, though. Never had problems as a kid, but maybe 10 years ago got my first sinus infection and pneumonia and have had issues ever since. They seem to get worse with age, too, unfortunately. Ah well, at least I don't know what I'm missing... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure if it's because they are my 2 favorite things to do or if I'm really a natural but I'd have to say running and karate. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

I'd like to learn karate! I always forget about that one. Squash might be fun too. My soccer game tonight was rough since I am still sore from yesterday's race. I managed to roll my ankle for the first time in my life. I thought I broke it at first the pain was so sharp and didn't go away right away. So much for being careful. I'm icing right now - 10 on 10 off. One of these days I'll learn.

Michelle

I'd like to learn karate! .
                          I did it for several years. I was a brown belt working towards my black belt when I got pregnant with #4 and at the same time, got really tired of dojo politics and sorta blew that bridge to high heaven. Black eye So, I haven't trained in almost 4 years! I was training 5-7 days a week and now I fill that void with running. The really fun part? We used to run as a group and always had to stay behind the jerk Sensei. Now, he enters many of the same races I do and I love standing at the end waiting the 15+ minutes for him to cross the finish line. hahahahaha. I love that he can see my results online...it gives me a certain amount of satisfaction. Yes

Jennifer mm#1231

Blush Clearly - after my ankle rolling incident last night during my soccer game, I am NOT a natural at soccer. Cry

Michelle

Prophet!

I never found anything that i'm natural at but i have a great desire to improve... any sports that I like i have had to work to get to a certain comfort level... i have awful balance, so surfing was tough to learn but i've gotten comfortable enough doing it that might qualify as being fairly good (at least I have great style Smile ). As far as organized sports, I played baseball, soccer and basketball, volleyball in high school, but being one of the more non-athletic member of the teams i've had to work on being good at the fundamentals of the game and the little things, like hustling for the ball, good passing, , etc. Just like running now, its pretty unnatural for me but i'm into it so i'm putting in the hard work to hopefully someday will pass as a decent runner.
                                I discovered that my relatively large, strong thighs are really useful for something! Sounds like me...I am actually pretty good at cycling. I have always had these muscular thighs that people don't expect on me. I totally understand what you mean about running, too. I was a sprinter in middle school and loved it and so I thought running would be good. I enjoy long runs because they take time and I can just zone out...but like I said...they take lots of time.
                                Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."