At what sport(s) are you a natural? (Read 2014 times)

Carl A

I am a natural bodysurfer. I could possibly break the Jersey record for the most number of waves caught in a week's vacation, if I ever started counting, and if there were such a record. Ten years ago, my wife and I drove across the country and I got to catch waves in my two favorite oceans in the same week. If I'm lucky, heaven will be a beach with high tide, warm sun, and a huge storm about 1000 miles out at sea.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Has to be running, much to skinny to do much else to a high standard. Except perhaps maybe caving, but I reckon I would get claustrophobic.
        Maybe it's not a true sport but I am a natural hiker/backpacker. I can go for hours and hours with or without a backpack. I don't get tired, I never feel uncomfortable hiking solo. Love mountains and whenever I have a free weekend that's where I usually go. Now that I have discovered running, trails are calling. Normally I can run trails only once a week if I am lucky. Maybe I need to move closer to the wilderness. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
        Court_Knee44

I am a long didstance runner and i am not super fast but im not slow. I started running XC in the 7th grade i loved it and i am still running as a freshman! So you all keep running! Big grin Blush Courtney
            I do not believe I am a natural at any sport. I do enjoy running and dancing senselessly. Smile

Vim

I was okay at high school field hockey, awful at track!, and a decent swimmer.
              2009: BQ?
                I am a lifelong soccer player that began at age 4. I started running in middle school to stay in shape for soccer. Through high school I was pigeon holed as a distance runner (coach didn't have much of a clue), became a sprinter in college, and now i'm a college track and xc coach because of my college coach. Of course we all know the good thing about being a coach: We don't HAVE to run if we choose not to!! HAHA.
                "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
                  I've been told I was a natural ballerina. I danced from age 4 up until college. I would have loved to make dancing a career, but I don't have the right body type for it (tall but muscular not slender). I still love the way dancing makes me feel; it is such an expressive sport. Once I have some more spending money I would love to start taking classes again. The funny thing is that I still "turn out" my feet constantly. When I got fitted for my last pair of running shoes, the guy watching me run was amazed at how I run with my feet turned out. No pronation issues, but the turnout from my hips seems to be permanently drilled into my body.
                  PWL

Has been

Nothing--my whole life I've been "okay" at lots of different sports (tennis, baseball, golf, basketball, soccer, etc) and "good" at none of them. I can hold my own, but have never excelled. The only thing I've ever been "naturally" good at is spelling. Lucky me... Roll eyes

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Eryn

XC Skiing. And by that, I mean pretty much any sport that involves hot chocolate in a camelbak. Big grin

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

After last weekend, I am quite sure I am not a natural at golf. I was horrible. The marshal should have taken away my clubs...
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

XC Skiing. And by that, I mean pretty much any sport that involves hot chocolate in a camelbak. Big grin
                          With or without peppermint Schnapps...? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

With or without peppermint Schnapps...?
                            Or maybe Frangelica - my favorite addition to hot chocolate. Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or maybe Frangelica - my favorite addition to hot chocolate. Big grin
                              Ooh, that's hazelnut isn't it? That would be good, too! Heck, just put coffee in my Camelbak, then! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

With or without peppermint Schnapps...?
                                Heh, my mom and dad used to x-country ski a lot, and they almost always had peppermint Schnapps or peppermint Schnapps + hot chocolate in a bota bag. I now know that "I'm going out skiing" was my dad's code for "I'm gonna ski a little bit and get lit in the process." Not that there's anything wrong with that -- I had to get it from somewhere. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.