Gebrselassie pulls out of the 10,000 meter (Read 599 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

He decided to not run the 10000 after all. http://allafrica.com/stories/200804030816.html
      Geb is one of my running heros but while I would have admired his efforts in returning to track, I was dreaming of a great come back but deep down I was in doubt about him puting on a decent performance. His team mate Kenenisa Bekele is having a great season and with the depth in the Ethopian side I am sure he was facing stiff competition at home without even lining up against the other international competitors. I have not even read any race report for him for the 10K and he did not seem to have ran in the cross country circuit. I truly miss seeing him on the track.

Feeling the growl again

I guess this means Haile has already run his last Olympic race....unless he now changes his mind on the marathon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I guess this means Haile has already run his last Olympic race....unless he now changes his mind on the marathon.
          He will. I'd be surprised if he doesn't run the marathon.