GAME OF THRONES...tonight! Yay! (Read 118 times)

SheCan

Anybody else excited for the new season to begin?  Big grin

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Black-Toe-Nailed

I have only seen 2 chapters.

I have read all the books... and and excerpt of the 6th book, "The Winds of Winter" 

Here it is for youre reading pleasure:

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

I will surely buy a pack with the 3 seasons as soon as it's out. I have no time to watch them alone and my wife doesn't like flicks in English without Dutch subtitles. Understandable point as she is afraid of missing an important point.

Well, I'm not in a hurry... and for those of you who are: Enjoy ... and feel free to post spoilers, I already know what's going to happen within this eason and the next 2 Wink

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
      then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
      I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

SheCan

Haha, Enric!

We have the book series too, but I'm scared to read them, because the show is so fantastic, I don't want to ruin it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Better I Leave

Barristan Selmy, the former Lord Commander appears and swears fealty to the Khaleesi. Pretty badass IMHO.

Better I Leave

Oh yeah...One more thing. Don't "fuck" with dragons...just sayin.

Better I Leave

SheCan

Barristan Selmy, the former Lord Commander appears and swears fealty to the Khaleesi. Pretty badass IMHO.

I thought that was an excellent touch.

I was not disappointed!  I'd missed this show so much.

Cherie

Durrr

Arstan Whitebeard, er, Barristan Selmy being solo must mean that we won't be seeing Strong Belwas, which is unfortunate (I guess they only allow so many eunuchs to appear on one TV show!).

Hollywood Hugh

I was in season 1 Smile

SheCan

I was in season 1 Smile

What?  Huh?  Who are you?  Big grin  Sounds like you have a story for us?   Tell, tell!

Cherie

Don't be afraid of the books.  They are fantastic.  The hardest part for me is trying to remember that the show and the books are two completely different products.

The story is the same but the show is a different interpretation of the books.  I think I would be confused by the show without having read the books.

nothing to see here.  

Sloooow.

I love the books! I started watching the series as most of the actors are English. I'm from England, live in the US so the accents are nice and familiar.

I was a little bit disappointed that they made Samwell's character extra spineless with forgetting the ravens, but I need to do myself a favour and quit comparing the books with the show. I'm looking forward to tonight!

Docket_Rocket

I have not read the books yet, but I've been able to understand most of it.  Or maybe I'll realize I didn't understand anything at all when I read them.

Don't be afraid of the books.  They are fantastic.  The hardest part for me is trying to remember that the show and the books are two completely different products.

The story is the same but the show is a different interpretation of the books.  I think I would be confused by the show without having read the books.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

I have no doubt i'd love the books.  But as you say " I think I would be confused by the show without having read the books,"   I've had that same feeling every time I've read the book(s) first before a movie.  The books are usually so complete and complex that if you read them first, the movie or show always seems to be lacking and incomplete.  Without reading the books, I see the HBO show as totally logically complete and beautiful on its own, and I don't have to compare it to anything.  

Cherie

Sloooow.

Did anyone else see the April Fools prank HBO did that said they were replacing Peter Dinklage with Warwick Davis? I had a blaze of fury for about 3 seconds, lol. Tyrion is one of my favourite characters in the series.

Loved last nights episode. I wish I had the strength to DVR them all, it's so hard waiting a week for the next episode!