Marine Corps Half Marathon - Fredericksburg VA - 5/18/08 (Read 642 times)

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

This will be my first 1/2. It's a new race...if anyone else is running it, I'd be interested in sharing support/knowledge/etc.
      horsemom, a couple of people over in the masters' group are running this race. If you post your question there I'll bet you'll get an answer. Smile Good luck! http://runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum
      va

Hi horsemom2b, I am running this one. I live near Charlottesville. The Marine Coprs Half looks like a good choice for a first half, because of the large number of runners. If you are looking for some warm-up races, consider the Martha Jefferson 8K and the Charlottesville 10 Miler. These are both very good races, with the Charlottesville 10 Miler being the best race run in town all year - big field (around 1800), live music, lots of fan support, well run... MTA: Yes, I am one of those Masters Smile

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

Thanks for the tip, jemmama. I'd do that. va, I live in Staunton. I ran the ten miler here in October (that where this pic was taken) and it was pretty brutal. Somehow I managed to finish strong, but I wasn't ready for the hills. Is the C-ville ten miler hilly? It sounds like a good race, but I'd want to be better prepared if it's as hilly as my last one. I'm doing the Monument Avenue 10K in Richmond as one of my warm-ups. It's a great race, huge, lots of crowd support, well-organized. I'll check out the 8K you mentioned, too.
          va

va, I live in Staunton. I ran the ten miler here in October (that where this pic was taken) and it was pretty brutal. Somehow I managed to finish strong, but I wasn't ready for the hills. Is the C-ville ten miler hilly? It sounds like a good race, but I'd want to be better prepared if it's as hilly as my last one.
            The C-Ville 10 Miler has some hills, but I didn't think they were too bad...I guess it depends on what you're used too. Here is the course map w/elevation profile...