Public path etiquette (Read 1614 times)

Hoodoo Guru

I've made my peace with bikers.  Militant bikers who push for more trails and safety improvements make my life as a runner better.  I figure the irresponsible ones eventually get taught a lesson by our mutual enemy: cars.

This is spot on. 

The tangents are moot.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My favorite are dogs on stretchy-band leashes sniffing the grass on the right-hand side while their owner is absentmindedly chatting on a cellphone while hugging the left-hand side of the path.

They ought to be a good control on those bicyclists who come tearing through.

This is the loveliest silver lining I've seen all day.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Troy.

Do you wear a running shirt that says YELL AT ME PLEASE?

I might be interested in purchasing one of these.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

Throw a stick in their spokes.

2012: Just run.

Bikers don't annoy me much.  It's the dog walkers, especially the ones who let Fido run around with no leash on who are the most annoying element I know of.  I will qualify people driving motor vehicles with their heads up thejr ass too, especially the ones chatting or texting on their freaking cell phones.  Angry

It's the dog walkers, especially the ones who let Fido run around with no leash on who are the most annoying element I know of.

I find the dog walker that walks on one side of the path and Fido roams to the other side of the path on a leash the most annoying because they effectively block the entire path.  As the sun sets earlier, I get wary as I approach them because I never know if I would trip over the leash.

I find the dog walker that walks on one side of the path and Fido roams to the other side of the path on a leash the most annoying because they effectively block the entire path.  As the sun sets earlier, I get wary as I approach them because I never know if I would trip over the leash.

I understand, leashes have blocked my path many times too.   And lots of dog walkers have no clue how attracted their dogs are to runners too until it's too late and they lunge towards you.  I'm just glad they're on a leash when they do that.  One time I actually had a small dog sneak up behind me and I felt it nip at my heel.  Since it was a smaller dog I was able to  increase my speed and outrun it.  If that dog was a bigger and more vicious breed, I would have been a bloody mess after it was all said and over. After all I've been through with dogs, I like to warn the owners that I'm coming, so they can restrain Fido before it's too late. 

Jeffrey

What's going on in Brisbane!? Smile

In my experience Melbourne bikers are quite considerate. They ride predictably, frequently using bells to signal passing and wait at traffic signals. As a runner, I got no complaints. !