Garmin Vivoactive and daylight savings time (Read 103 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Garmin Vivoactive did not update to daylight savings time. I went onto Garmin Connect and changed the settings, but it still shows an hour off. Anybody know what to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

So you synced it, but it still didn't change?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Tar Heel Mom

kween

So you synced it, but it still didn't change?

That's right

Are you syncing to computer or phone?

Either way i would make sure the time on the device is correct when syncing, un-pair then re-pair to see if that works.  Finally, check the firmware and make sure that is up to date and reinstall that.  Hopefully, one of those things work.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Either way i would make sure the time on the device is correct when syncing, un-pair then re-pair to see if that works.  Finally, check the firmware and make sure that is up to date and reinstall that.  Hopefully, one of those things work.

Thanks. I am using a computer, not a phone. I did install the updates. However, I didn't try unsyncing and resyncing. Seems to be my only hope!

an amazing likeness

With absolutely no knowledge of the Vivoactive (other than reading a review or two..), let me ask a silly question -- have you had it do a GPS synch yet (as you would before a run)?  Many Garmin devices adjust to the time change when they get a GPS synch.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mikeymike

Maybe your watch thinks you live in Arizona or that part of Indiana that doesn't have daylight savings.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

that part of Indiana that doesn't have daylight savings.

Is that the same part that started observing daylight savings in 2006?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

mikeymike

Is that the same part that started observing daylight savings in 2006?

I'm truly going to miss you when you're in Bolivia.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

I'm perfectly aware!

You'll love her when she brings back the Bolivian marching powder.

Kalsarikännit

You'll love her when she brings back the Bolivian marching powder.

Definitely. Boston athletes and Bolivian marching powder have a winning record.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

With absolutely no knowledge of the Vivoactive (other than reading a review or two..), let me ask a silly question -- have you had it do a GPS synch yet (as you would before a run)?  Many Garmin devices adjust to the time change when they get a GPS synch.

Yes. I thought that would do it too. But it didn't.

I am going to call their 800# later. Maybe a real person is somewhere at the end of that call.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Wait, what? Bolivia? What happened to the AT? Did I miss you already?