Trent, where are you? (Read 1040 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

OK, registration for The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon has been open for four days now, and not a peep about it from Trent. We're worried about you, Trent, are you OK? Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

OK, registration for The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon has been open for four days now, and not a peep about it from Trent. We're worried about you, Trent, are you OK? Big grin
      Guess you haven't been checking the 2000 club Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The what-now marathon? Big grin
        2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

Guess you haven't been checking the 2000 club Wink
          Well, no, I haven't, since I'm not a member. But it inspired my latest rant: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/40edcd96b372464cab6e92bd3aec0fc4

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Marathon? Oh yeah. Sorry, been busy with registration and with my day job. Heck, even my running has suffered. Anyhow... Folks. The Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon has opened registration. There are only 200 slots available, and 123 have already been snapped up. In just a few days. This is among the most beautiful and most difficult road marathons in the country. Hopefully PerfesserR will run it this Fall and give his opinion about its relative difficulty. In the mean time, several other current and past RAers have already registered... ...and on a related note, there has been some confusion given the latest trend among marathons cracking down on USATF rules. For example, from the Twin Cities marathon website. This blurb was on the course information page.
            IMPORTANT For your safety and for the safety of others, absolutely no unregistered participants (including friends, family, coaches and pacers), automobiles, bicycles, cell phones, headsets including ipods and any other music players, in-line skates, hand cycles, hand-cranked wheelchairs, baby joggers, strollers or pets are allowed on the course. There are no early starts. No unregistered persons are allowed on the course. In accordance with USATF rules, individuals in violation of these rules may be disqualified and asked to leave the course. Download a complete set of the Rules of Competition (acrobat reader required). The 10 mile race will have to be rerouted now.
            To be clear: THINGS THAT ARE PERMITTED AT THE MONKEY unregistered participants (including friends, family, coaches and pacers) automobiles bicycles cell phones headsets including ipods and any other music players in-line skates (beware on the hills) hand cycles (whatever this is) hand-cranked wheelchairs (yeah, good luck on them hills) baby joggers strollers pets Everybody will get an early start. How is 7am? Unregistered persons are allowed on the course. USATF rules? Huh? What's that? Individuals not suffering adequately during the monkey may be disqualified and asked to leave the course. 10 mile race? Not in our lifetimes. The Monkey is a marathon... Big grin
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sheesh. I need a run. 98 with 90% humidity is too hot to run. Sheesh.
                =D Jeez Trent. I really wish you wouldn't be such a 'follower'. Do you always have to do what everyone else does? Wink
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Imminent Catastrophe

Marathon? ... To be clear: THINGS THAT ARE PERMITTED AT THE MONKEY unregistered participants (including friends, family, coaches and pacers) automobiles bicycles cell phones headsets including ipods and any other music players in-line skates (beware on the hills) hand cycles (whatever this is) hand-cranked wheelchairs (yeah, good luck on them hills) baby joggers strollers pets Everybody will get an early start. How is 7am? Unregistered persons are allowed on the course. USATF rules? Huh? What's that? Individuals not suffering adequately during the monkey may be disqualified and asked to leave the course. 10 mile race? Not in our lifetimes. The Monkey is a marathon... Big grin
                  Since the USATF crackdown I've been carrying a large boombox on my shoulder. Is that OK?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Since the USATF crackdown I've been carrying a large boombox on my shoulder. Is that OK?
                    Sure. That, though, is soooo '80s. A fellow over at the Monkey is planning on his 2007 version: click
                    Mishka-old log

Please tell me this thing is going AT LEAST another year. Can't do it this year, maybe in '08? I'd love to head down to Nashville and let my monkey fly. Wait, that didn't come out right Confused
                        Please tell me this thing is going AT LEAST another year. Confused
                        It'll be lasting until Trent has to do it with a walker. With any luck, that should be leyond next year.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Sure. That, though, is soooo '80s. A fellow over at the Monkey is planning on his 2007 version: click
                          Now if I could just get that guy to drive alongside me for 4 hours... But seriously, I've had some issues with my right foot and haven't been able to keep up my training. Crater Lake Marathon is Saturday and I'll have to see how it goes before signing up for any more 42.2 km races. Besides, I'm scared of monkeys.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4 hours? Slowing down? Hey, so over on the maniacs race calendar, there are several maniacs who say they are gonna monkey, but who have not registered...any thoughts on that one?