Tuesday running? (Read 684 times)

Rest day for me. Are any of you runners running today? Smile
    Join me on a run.
      I did and I had the worst run I've had in ages. I swear I should of never have taken yesterday off (first FULL rest day since March 26th). Between the heat, not drinking enough water the day before and taking half of my run to warm up grrrrr I wasn't happy. Oh well like dh said, better to have a sucky run early in the week then later (race on Sunday)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I was going to try to get in 6-7 miles, but the purring kitty next to me didn't want me to wake up Smile I did 5.03 miles this morning in 46 minutes. Meh. Why am I so much SLOWER in the morning?! And ...why am I SLOWER during SHORTER distances?
        2009: BQ?
          I think the reason your slower in the morning is your joints and muscles haven't had all day to warm up. It's funny(not really) cause last year I did all my running first thing in am and I got used to that. The times that I've done that this year OMG they are ALWAYS slower and not as easy as the days I don't get out until 9:30-10 am. I think that may of been part of my problem this morning. Got up with just enough time to get kids out the door to school and then run(had to get out ASAP before it got any hotter). Oh and the shorter distance thing I think has to do with how long it takes to warm up. I don't know about you but it usually takes me a couple miles (or 3 like today) to warm up and get into my groove (though didn't get into my groove today Sad ).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yeah, I think that's it ... now, if only I could find races that started in the early afternoon Big grin
            2009: BQ?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have new shoes "out for delivery," so as soon as did is home from work I am planning to get an hour-long run in--woot! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Are any of you runners running today? Smile
                Yep, back to training. 4mi, 9mi, 4mi (tu,we,th) leading to 18 on Sat... Man these runs are getting long, I guess that is why they are called long runs. Be testing out my new shoes this week too.
                va

Yes, I ran today, and it felt so good. I am so pumped, people are getting a runner's high just by sitting next to me. If my body lets me (I hope it does), I will run every day for the remainder of the week (total of 6 days --> 6 10Ks). Shocked
                    I went 6.3 miles this morning, alternating faster miles and slower ones. Was fun.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Man, I wish I was running this morning. Cool, light drizzle, and here I am stuck with an unwanted (albeit needed) rest day. So I put my bike+trainer outside, and did 20 minutes of vigorous spinning in the rain. Kind of fun, but no substitute for a run!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

So I put my bike+trainer outside, and did 20 minutes of vigorous spinning in the rain. Kind of fun, but no substitute for a run! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good Job on your rest day..... Smile
                        Join me on a run.
                          up with the sun...10 mile run. Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Scout7

I'll run at some point.
                            Jill_B

I fly.

Nope. Still not running.

Bring it on.

This evening, I jogged 6 miles (10 min/mles) then did my ~4 mile cool down walk. Smile Man, my right foot is still messed up (may be my whole right leg!)! Cry Angry

Vim