NYC Marathon 2012 (Read 844 times)

This thread made me shit myself.

Lots of fiber in those leaves. Lots.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Kalsarikännit

I'll stand at the first right turn just after the start, and cheer you on every one of the five times you pass me for a lot less than that.  And I won't tell you you're almost there at mile 14.  You might beat me for saying it next time you come around. 

If you were sane you wouldn't still be out there at mile 14.  I can't image that December in Connecticut is quality standing around outside weather.  

Two of the states I still have to knock off in my 50 state quest have $10 marathons.  You can't beat that!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If you were sane

Heh. 

I can't image that December in Connecticut is quality standing around outside weather.  

One nice thing about that course is the rural roads. Plenty of room to pull my truck over to the side of the road to stay warm in,  between runners going by, and no worries about blocking traffic.  Even without closed roads, there isn't any. 

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'm in.  

This will be my 7th consecutive NYC marathon... probably my last since the price is now past rip-off land (though still worth it for your first time, I'd say). 

Anyway, it's a great race and lots of fun, despite the costly price tag.  Not too many people shit themselves.

If anyone has any course-specific questions, shoot me an email.  I can even tell you a good bodega to stop at along the course to buy a butter role... one of my training buddies did that last year around mile 18.  He's a bit odd.  He said that the person in line in front of him turned and saw him, all sweaty, and asked if he was IN the race and said he could cut the line. 

Also, one of my friends lives on the course at about mile 6.5 and says that each year, about 5 or 6 random people pull off to pee... in his garbage next to his stoop.  Last year it was 3 women and 2 men.  Usually it's just guys though.  So, if anyone has an inclination to add to that bizarre list, he's the first brick apt on right hand corner of 4th ave and 17th street, Brooklyn.  In fact, you can find it on googlemaps. Tell him Dave said it's ok.  Big grin  He'll probably give you a beer. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

#artbydmcbride

Yes, I'm in!  I won the lottery this year (after rejections in 2011 and 2010).

So yeah, OK, it's $250, but that's all expenses - travel, hotel, meals, tickets to Cats.  Right?

Uh.....that would be a NO   Big grin

Runners run

I'm in but instead of $250 it will run me $347 as I have to cross the boarder.  This will be my one and probably only time running NY so worth the price.  Hopefully will get to meet some other RA runners there.

Ojo

I'll stand at the first right turn just after the start, and cheer you on every one of the five times you pass me for a lot less than that.  And I won't tell you you're almost there at mile 14.  You might beat me for saying it next time you come around. 

I hope to run again this year.  Great small race and cheering squad!

Oh and the beer aid station isn't too bad!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929